He growled lowly, the sound echoing around the large, shiny kitchen making the little girl seem even smaller. The little girl didn't understand why her daddy was so angry all the time, and why he sometimes used bad words to them, she couldn't comprehend why her daddy didn't seem to love her like her friends daddy's did.

The large man hobbled closer, his steps uneven as he towered over the innocent child who had big round eyes glistening with tears peering up at her daddy wondering what was going to happen, whatever it was, her tiny heart was pounding awfully quickly.

"You need to watch where you're goin' you lowly, pathetic child!" Her daddy roared, his voice loud, this time loud enough to alert her mummy who was napping upstairs.

"H-honey? What's going on down there?" Her mummy's lovely voice could be heard in the hallway and all Clover wanted was to run to her mummy and hide behind her forever, however before her mummy could reach her, her very angry and not-so-nice daddy had struck her across the face. The pained yelp had echoed long after the man had walked away, the sound sending daggers through her mothers heart.

The small child had been knocked over by the force of the hit and was now sobbing whilst clutching at her chubby cheek, her big round eyes spilling large tears as she tried to make her small brain understand why her daddy hit her and no one else's hit them.

She never did get the answer

I blinked, my eyes clouded with tears at the memory that had resurfaced from the hauntingly familiar words that had once before been thrown at me. They say you can't remember things clearly that young, but I remember everything, perhaps more than I would like too.

I peered up at Anne's haughty face before blinking my tears away, refusing to give her the satisfaction of seeing me cry, it was hard, but after a lot of cheek biting I no longer had tears threatening to fall. They would --but later.

"No human is lower than any other, Anne. We're all the same here, Harry's not lower than you, or me, because of his dyslexia, and I'm not lower than you for. . well, for whatever reason you've conjured up. It'd do you good to remember that. Tea? Or are you more of a coffee person?" I answered softly, although my tone was full of sincerity and firmness. Of course her words hurt, they were something that I often did find myself thinking, however I was not going to let her demean me and Harry. I honestly couldn't believe this woman was the one that went dress shopping with me for my wedding and practically picked out my dress for me. I had no idea that this is what she was really like. I guess what they say is true, you only really get to know someone once you live with them.

Although I guess I didn't live with her, but it was close enough. She was so arrogant to think that she was better than others due to maybe her money because that truly does not define the quality of someone, at all. You could be a millionaire and a complete arsehole, yet you would never compare to someone who maybe lived off benefits but had a big heart.