29: Jenna Meets Isobel

Start from the beginning

   Elena shook her head, tucking her hair behind her ears. "We need to explain everything before we just throw your abilities in her face," she whispered back. "Jenna, please. I need to explain everything."

   I could hear Jenna crying on the other side of the door that Elena pounded on. "Lets just leave her be for now. We can try again in the morning." Elena sighed, nodding as she went to her room.

   I returned to my room as well, though I didn't sleep, because Jenna didn't. She stayed up nearly all night crying, and whispering small nothing's to herself. I finally passed out around six in the morning when Jenna went silent.

   Elena called Ric informing him of Isobel's spill and he came over immediately. I was sitting on the couch when Elena let him in. I flipped through the channels on the TV, trying to focus my attention on anything other than Jenna's uneasy breathing. "Hey, is she up yet?" Ric asked the second Elena opened the door. Elena shrugged as she and Ric both walked into the living room. She glared at me, telling me to listen in on Jenna without actually saying it.

   "She's awake." I nodded, putting my sight back on the TV.

   "She won't come out of her room." Elena spoke as she threw her arms up.

   "What'd you tell her?" Ric asked, glancing between me and Elena.

   "Nothing. She won't talk to us. I was just going to explain everything through the door last night, but Blair said to wait until today."

   "She needs time to comprehend the fact that her boyfriend's wife is alive - and the fact that none of us told her. I thought waiting would be best." I muttered, turning off the TV as I heard Jenna's door open. "Wait, she's coming out."

   Ric, Elena and I stood near the bottom of the stairs waiting. "We need to fix this." Ric whispered and both Elena and I nodded. "Jenna." Ric spoke louder as Jenna came down the steps with a bag over her shoulder.

   "I don't want you here, Ric. You need to go." Jenna spoke without looking at any of us. She set her bag down for a second to grab her keys and put shoes on.

   "Listen, I cant begin to imagine what you must be feeling right now." Ric began, and Jenna looked at him for the first time.

   "Rage and betrayal would pretty much it." It felt like a punch in the stomach as Jenna spoke. Regret and guilt took over every other emotion I was feeling. I should have told her. Every other secret I had bottled up had just felt more important. And Jenna knowing about Isobel wouldn't have changed anything - or it shouldn't have. If Isobel stayed away, everything would be fine right now.

   I could tell Elena felt the same way I did just by looking at her. "Where are you going?"

   "Im going to stay on campus. I have a thesis to write, and I don't wanna be in this house." Jenna grabbed her bag again and stood in front of the door.

   "Jenna, please." I tried, knowing that anything we said right now wouldn't matter.

   "Stop. Let us explain to you what is exactly going on." Ric tried again but Jenna only ignored him.

   "Elena, I need you to go to the Lockwood's today and accept the historical society's check for your mom's foundation." Jenna opened the door as she finished talking.

   "Okay, but Jenna, just please-" Elena began.

   "Isobel is dead." I spit out without thinking.

   Elena and Ric both looked at me with wide eyes as Jenna looked defeated. "I don't have it in me to hear anymore lies from you." She shut the door without another word. Elena tried calling for her, but John stopped her.

   "Let her go." John started walking towards the three of us. "Its better that shes not here what with everything that's going on, but maybe had you been a little more honest with her from the beginning." Ric was tired of John, and frankly so was I, but Ric was the one that has the guts to punch John straight in the nose.

   Elena let out a gasp as John stood back up, holding his nose. Ric turned on his foot, "sorry girls," he muttered before leaving the house.

   Elena let out an emotionless laugh as she turned back towards John, "you know this is your fault, right?" The quick scene reminded me a bit of Katherine.

   John looked almost hurt as he agreed, "right."

   Elena walked back up the stairs, leaving John and I alone. "You do realize you are not someone who should be talking about honesty, right?"

   John sighed, pinching his nose to stop the bleeding, "right."

this chapter is completely a filler. I feel so bad for not updating in so long, but I need to go & rewatch the later eps of s2 and get my mojo (yes I feel v dumb for saying mojo) back. I haven't been in any mood to write, and mix that with the 24/7 writers block, and it's not a good mixture. I will try to get updates up sooner though!! BUT on a brighter side, happy new year !!! My birthday is in 5 days (Jan 7) and I'll be 18 and I'm pretty freaking excited. I love ya all, and thank you for sticking with me with this awkward phase I'm going through! xx

q when's your birthday's?