Chapter 17

Kirstie POV

It's been 2 days since Jeremy took me. Every day begins the same way, wake up before the sun is up, make Jeremy breakfast, which leads to a slap for something stupid, then heading straight to clean the already spotless house. Then I make lunch before returning to my 'room' until it's time for dinner. Once night comes around he usually has 4 or 5 friends over, so he makes me dress in short dresses. Even though my baby bump is very noticeable he still likes me to wear the clothes.

"Oh Babe!" Jeremy shouts. I fight back the urge to throw up when he calls me that. I put on a fake smile and walk into the living room. "Yes?" "The boys are out of beer. Go get them some more." He demands. I nod and head into the kitchen. I come back in and hand out the beers. I give out the last beer when Jeremy's friend, Brad, grabs my arm and pulls me into his lap. "You sure do got yourself a looker, Lewis." Jeremy nods. "That I do. And as much as I would love to see her good looks she has stuff to do. Don't you Kirstie?" He says while looking at me. I nod and stand up before heading back down to the basement. I take a seat on my thin mattress and rub my bump. "What did I do to deserve this?" I ask myself. As if trying to cheer me up I feel one of the babies kick my hand. I smile. "At least I still have you guys." They kick again.

Soon it's almost like a game. I'll press slightly in one spot and they kick there. Of course, Jeremy has to ruin it. He storms down the stairs and rips me up by my hair. "How did they know where you were?" He asks through gritted teeth. "What do you mean?" I ask with tears running down my face. He drags me up the stairs and to a window where I notice about 6 police cars. "That's what I mean. How did they find you? Did you leave clues, get a hold of a phone?" I shake my head and whimper. "I don't know how they found me! I swear." He scoffs before grabbing something out of a drawer. Next thing I know there is a gun held to my stomach and he is leading me outside. My eyes immediately land on Avi who is being held back my Scott and Kevin. By now I am sobbing and trying to get away. "Stop moving before I shoot you." I freeze. "That's better. Now gentleman you are going to let the lady and I go or I will shoot her. Do you understand?" The police slowly lower the guns and Jeremy starts leading me towards the forest. Once we are almost out of sight I notice that Avi, Mitch, Scott, and Kevin are sneaking away and heading towards us. Jeremy doesn't notice this and keeps going.

Soon we are in a clearing and Jeremy stops to look around. "You 4 can come out now. I saw you sneak away while we were walking." He says and the guys step out. "Let her go, Jeremy." Scott says while taking a step. "I wouldn't do that if I were you." Jeremy says while pushing the gun into my side harder. Right as he says that something weird happens I see Scott, Mitch, and Kevin glow before something knocks Jeremy away. That's the last thing I remember before blacking out.

Next thing I know, I'm in my bed. When I open my eyes, I see the love of my life sleeping from across the room. "Avi?" He wakes up, and he comes to my side. "Kirstie, how are you feeling?" I didn't know how to react. I sat up on the bed. "How did I get here?" I looked around me and then at Avi. The boys walk in and I freak out. "What are you guys doing here? How did I end up here? I was with Jeremy, and he had a gun to your heads and you guys glowed. What the heck is happening?"

Scott just randomly asks, "Do you believe in Guardian angels?" I look at Avi, massage my baby bump, and say, "I guess so. What does that have to do with anything?