Chapter 16

A week later

Kirstie POV

"I'll be back in a little while Babe! I need to run to the store. Love, you!" I yell before heading out to the car. I climb into the car and turn in the radio.

I pull up at the store and head inside. For some odd reason, there is no one here, I just shrug and continue to do my shopping. While looking at all the different ice creams I feel a presence behind me. As I go to step out of their way so they can see when a rag is held up to my face. "That's it Princess. Deep breaths." The person whispers in my ear. I immediately recognize the voice as Jeremy's. I catch one more sentence before passing out.

"You are mine now."

~~~~~~~~~

Kevin POV

Ring Ring

"Hello?"

"Kevin I need your help." A panicked Avi says.

"What's wrong?"

"Kirstie went to the store about 4 hours ago. But she's not back and I can't get her to answer her phone."

"Ok, calm down. Do you know what store she went to?"

"No. She didn't say."

"Ok, well I have some friends that can help. Let me talk to them and I'll get back to you."

"Thanks man."

I hang up and immediately call Scott and Mitch.

"Meet me at the apartment. Don't ask questions."

Before they can say anything, I hang up. Since I just left from Alyssa's shop I run to the apartment.

~~~~~~~~~~~

"What's going on Kevin?" Scott asks when I come through the door. "Kirstie is missing. Avi said she went to the store over 4 hours ago and hasn't come home. He also tried calling her but can't get an answer. So, we need to see if any of the other Guardians have seen anything." They nod. "Ok, I'll call Alex and Nichole." Scott says. "Alright I'll call Tim, Adam, and Austin." I say while pulling my phone out. "That leaves Todrick for me." Mitch says. I nod and walk out of the room.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

After 2 days of searching we come up with nothing, but everyone says they'll keep an eye out. I let out a sigh and sit on the couch. "What are we going to do?" I ask to no one in particular. Just then the whole apartment lights up and next thing I know we are face to face with the big man, Mario.

"Kevin, Mitch, and Scott. Is it true that you quite your jobs as guardian angels just before Ms. Maldonado went missing?"  I nod. "That is correct. Her fiancée said she went missing while heading to the grocery store. But of course, you already knew this." He nods. "You know I should have you put to death for this." I look over at Mitch and Scott with a worried glance. "Please don't!" Mitch begs. "And why shouldn't I? You three abandoned your mission which caused Kirstin to be taken. Give me one good reason." Scott lets out a sigh. "Isn't part of being a Guardian angel making sure others are protected and happy?" Mario nods. "What does that have to do with you abandoning your positions. "Well by quitting we're not only making Kirstie and Avi happy. But we get to be there for their 2 children, plus this girl named Alyssa." Scott says while looking at me when he says Alyssa. "And who might this Alyssa be?" "My girlfriend." I mumble while looking down at my feet. "You feel in love with a human!" "Yes I did. And as much as I hate breaking the rules she is one of the best things that have ever happened to me. She makes me so happy and I make her happy." "See as much as you hate it us leaving we're making so many people happy. Now we know it is our fault that Kirstie was taken but at the moment we are doing everything in our power to find her." Scott says. I can tell he's starting to get mad. Mario lets out a sigh. "You're right I hate that yall left, but I can see now that you did it not only for yourselves but for others. So how about this, you three can keep everything about being a guardian angel. The only difference being you are now on a permanent mission, stay with Kirstie and Scott, but now you have to set things straight with his family." We nod. "Here yall might need this to find Kirstie." Mario throw an envelope at me and I catch it. "Until next time."

With that we are back in our living room. We sit there for a minute stunned. "Did that just really happen?" Mitch asks. I nod. "It sure did Mitchie it sure did." Scott says. I jump off the couch. "We don't have to stop being Guardian angels and we get to stay!" I cheer. Scomiche laugh. "We sure don't but now we need to figure out where Kirstie is." Mitch says before taking the envelope off the coffee table. I sit back down and we read over everything. "This is it. We've got her." Scott says. "I'll call Avi and the cops." I say before grabbing my phone.

"Hello?"

'Hey Avi we have good news. We found her.'

"Thank God. Who took her?"

'I'll give you one guess.'

"Jeremy." He growls.

'Yeah. Meet us at the police station.'

"On my way."

I hang up and grab my keys. "Let's go get our sister back." I say before walking out the door.