Chapter 5

Kirstie POV
I went to get a new wardrobe. I like to change my look every now and then. I walked into the apartment with my bags and I see Avi is sitting there on the couch with Scott and these two people I don't know. When I walked Avi was talking about how he still wants me back, and even saying that he still loves me. I just pretended I hear what they were saying. Avi didn't acknowledge the fact that I walked in. He probably just didn't realize. Either way, I walked in my room and thought about the fact that I still love Avi. Do you remember what it felt like to be so completely in love with someone that you don't really wanna do anything? That's how I felt with Avi. I just wanted to spend every minute with him and not miss anything. Do I still love Avi? Yes, I do, and I want him back too. I don't know what to do though. So I asked out into the living room and sat on the side with Scott. Avi finally saw me. "Mitch and Kevin, this is Kirstie. Kirstie, this is Mitch and Kevin." He pointed to Mitch. "Mitch is Scott's boyfriend." I nod, "It's nice to meet you guys." Scott says, "So Avi was telling us that you cleaned out your closet? Do you do this often?" I say, "Yeah, I actually just went out and got new stuff. I like to change up my look even now and again." Avi immediately replies "BULL, you are always out partying!! How do I know you're not lying to me?" "I don't know what to tell you except you could come in my room and see my bags and I can show you what I got." I simply say. Avi stays silent. I walk into my room, and slam the door.

I can't believe Avi didn't believe me, I mean I know I party a lot but I never lie about where I am. I let out a frustrated sigh before laying on my bed. While laying on my bed I hear the guys talking. "Avi that was kinda harsh, don't you think?" I think, Mitch asks. It's silent few a few seconds. "I guess you're right. I just don't know what to do anymore. It's so hard to watch the person you love completely throw their life away. There's nothing I can do about, so I just push her away." I think about what he is saying. He's not the only one push away. "Well how about instead of dinner we all go out and get to know each other. Maybe you and Kirstie can fix things." Scott says. After that I don't hear anything. I start to think they left me when all of a sudden there is a knock on my door. I open it and find Mitch standing there. "I came to tell you we're all going out for dinner. Including you. So let's get you ready." He walks in and heads straight for my closet. He screams when he opens the door. "Where are all your clothes!?!?!" I laugh and walk to the end of my bed where there are about 7 bags filled with clothes. "I went and got new clothes and haven't put them up yet." I explain he nods and start pulling out clothes and pairing them together. Finally, he hands me a beige sweater, a white under shirt, dark jeans, a cheetah print scarf and knee high boots. I quickly change and do very simple make up, mascara, winged eye liner, and lip gloss. I take a look in the mirror when I'm done and mentally gasp, this is a huge change from my short, tight dresses and heavy caked on make-up that I would always wear. When Mitch and I walk into the living room I catch Avi staring at me. I give him a smile sad smile before following Mitch out of the apartment. Tonight I'm going to get over the break up and give Avi a chance. "So where do yall wanna go eat?" Kevin asks while we walk down the street. "What about Chilies?" Avi suggest. We all agree and make our way over there.

"Table for 5." Kevin tells the hostess when we walk in. "Right this way." She leads us towards the back to a round table. "Your waiter should be over in a few." "Thank you." I say as I take a seat between Mitch and Avi. At first there is an awkward silence so I open my menu and look at what there is. After a few minutes our waiter comes and takes our drink orders. "What can I get for you cutie?" He asks me. I blush. "Coke please." He nods and finishes getting orders. When he leaves Mitch looks at me. "He was so checking you out!" I blush again and shake my head. "Don't deny it! Girl your hot, you gotta strut it." I shake my head again and shift in my seat uncomfortably. Me 'strutting' is what got me in this mess with Avi to begin with. Scott must notice because he changes the subject. "So Avi I saw several dragon figurines. Do you like dragons?" Avi's eyes light up. "Not only do I love them but I believe they are real. I have one." Scott looks at him funny. "You have one?" Avi nods. I always loved how childlike he got whenever someone mentioned dragons. "Yup. He's green." I giggle and nod playing along with Avi. "He's right. I saw it once." Avi's jaw drops when I agree with him, but he plays it off. Scott rolls his eyes at us. "Avi can I tell you a secret?" Scott says. Avi nods. "Dragons aren't real." Scott 'whispers'. Avi super frowns and looks Scott dead in his eyes. "Fight me." He says seriously. I burst out laughing. Just then our waiter comes back with drinks and to take our orders. The whole time he was taking our orders I caught him staring at me.I see Avi look between our waiter and I before he wraps his arm around me protectively and glaring at the waiter. The waiter sees this and quickly finishes our orders before running to the back. I thank Avi and he puts his arm down. For the rest of the night we have a fun time watching Scott and Avi argue about dragons, and just getting to know each other.