<insert good title here>

I sat on a bench, swinging my legs and biting into a convince store grade sandwich. It was the most affordable thing I've eaten in three days. Gavin wouldn't allow me to snack on the neverending supply of candy Laughing Jack had hidden in some pocket on his pants.

Gee, I wonder why.

Eyeless Jack was getting restless and irritated. He had gone awhile without food his body needs, and what Chernobog demands. He took out several homeless guys on our first night in Japan, but Jack is a stress eater, and he was stressed over the change in universes, so his temporary food supply had been gone in less than half an hour. Now the demon was looking left and right, his breathing heavy and labored, like he was having a panic attack, as he was searching for a suitable victim.

Jeff had also gotten restless. He nearly attacked an elderly woman earlier in the day, threatening to slit her throat and bathe in her blood. Ew.. Masky had no choice but to kill the woman, since if she left, she would most likely go report to the police. So she had to be silenced. During everything that has happened, Gavin has kept me away from them while they ate or killed the woman. I'm glad the he had, or else I would've lost my innocence and asked Jeff to bash my head in with a heavy rock.

Gavin whacked me upside the head. Twice. "Oww! What the hell?!" I yelled, I almost choked on my sandwich. "Quit thinking like that, you little twerp. It's not healthy for you. Especially you." Gavin growled in my ear so that only I could hear. I rolled my eyes and took another bite of my sandwich. Then, while I was swallowing, BEN started to rapidly hit my shoulder. He looked really excited and started pointing down the walkway. I turned sharply to face him. "I'm fucking eating, leave me alone," I growled. The glitch had the brightest smile on his face as he turned to me. "L" was all he said. BEN jumped off the bench and ran down the walk. Panicking, I jumped as well, discarding the rest of my food, and ran after BEN, shouting for him to stop. I heard Gavin and Tim and the rest of the males shouting and start to run after us.

I didn't see when BEN stopped abruptly, causing me to run into his back and knock us both down to the concrete, BEN landing on a certain detective. I groaned, rolling off the small dog pile and laid down on the sidewalk beside the awkwardness going on to my right. I heard the scrapping of sneakers on cement, but didn't have the energy to pick my head up to meet Gavin's bound-to-be icy glare, but at the moment, I was more worried about my ability to take in oxygen. When was the last time I had to run? Forever and a half? No wonder I can't catch my breath as quickly anymore. There was a muffled squeal to my right, and I managed to muster enough strength to kick BEN in the ass, effectively causing him to fall off of L. Then I just let my leg fall back to its place, and just...laid there. Still, at peace, actually enjoying my life. It was like I was the only person to matter in the whole world, the entire time and space continuum had stopped just to let me savor this one moment of all moments.

But then this inconsiderate asshole had to fuck it all up.