[AstralShadows] castiel || murder song

|| not edited

That room.

So many things had happened in that room.

That hauntingly empty room where the door to Purgatory was opened.

You close your eyes and flinch, bracing yourself for what is to come. 5, you count to yourself, as if it might help. 4. 3. 2. 1. And then nothing.

He just wanted to help you. That's what Castiel kept telling you. "It's because I love you," he would insist, "that we must do this. I want to protect you."

When Cas decided that he wanted to play God, he still felt for you. 

"I still love you," you had said to him when he demanded that you bow.

And he had smiled, and said, "I love you, too. That is why we must do this."

Your face fell as the confusion overtook you. There was something about his voice let you know that something was wrong. It was icy and it sent chills running down your spine. A cold knot began twisting through your stomach. This new Castiel, this "God," did not really love you. Or if he did, not the way the old Castiel would have. Because when this Castiel promised he loved you, you did not feel safe or warm or truly loved.

You felt terrified.

You close your eyes and flinch, bracing yourself for what is to come. 5, you count to yourself, as if it might help. 4. 3. 2. 1. And then nothing.

It all happened in the blink of an eye. If it had happened any slower, you are sure that Dean or Bobby would have raced to your rescue.

But in the blink of an eye, Castiel was standing before you.

In the blink of an eye, he placed his hand on your forehead. 

5, 4, 3, 2, 1. And then nothing.

He caught your body in his strong arms and slowly sank to the ground, resting your head in his lap.

You should have died immediately, but it was taking longer than it should. You needed to distract yourself from this pain. You were so tired. You just wanted to sleep.

So you sang yourself to sleep, the way you did every night before that. 

You hummed as Castiel stroked your hair, hushing you and saying that he loved you and promising that it was for the best, that you would be happier, that this world was not fit for a person like you.

5, 4, 3, 2, 1. And then nothing.