dean winchester || time after time PART THREE

|| not edited

You tell Eliot that you have a headache and ask if he could drop you off at Ezra's. Really, you just don't want to be in the same car as him and Dean. When Dean returns alone, you're a little frightened that he'd done something to Eliot, until he quickly explains that Kronos has a "buddy", Lila, and that Eliot is keeping an eye on them. You then explain to him what you and Ezra had found.

"A 1,000-year-old olive carved by vestal virgins and dipped in the blood of- you don't want to know. Pulling this together wasn't easy, but your girl over here was a huge help. You and Ness both owe me, smoothie."

Dean smiles and picks up the stake. "You can have whatever you want soon as we gank this thing."

"Yea, yea. Take your twig, wise guy."

"Well, now, how's it work?"

Ezra rolls her eyes and you step in. "You stick the blood-tipped end in his heart," you say, approaching Dean and tapping the end of the stake. "Miss, and he has us for a two course meal. It's fairly simple."

Dean's face softens, as if he realizes something. You know exactly what it is; you had a similar revelation a few hours ago. "Wait...." He turns to look at Ezra. "If we kill Kronos... we're stuck here?"

Ezra chuckles. "You just now realized?" You sigh, your chest heavy with the weight of the impending future. "Oh, come on, 1944 ain't so bad."

"Yeah, I could head over to Europe, punch Hitler in the neck." You laugh weakly. But it's hard to laugh when you're about to have nothing. You glance up at the green-eyed man. Well, at least you've got Dean with you. He catches you staring and flashes you a white smile.

Ezra catches the exchange and smirks. "Oh, there's lots of ways to pass the time, sugar." She looks at you, then Dean. "I'll leave you two alone." You blush.

Dean smiles and watches her walk out the room. He looks down at you. "You said earlier you like a gentleman?"

You grin. "That's not what I said, but yeah."

Dean leans forward and presses his forehead to yours. "May I kiss you?"

You smile and whisper, "You may." Dean bends his neck down and catches your lips in his soft ones, and you've never felt this high. You pull away and look at Dean, who's wearing a dreamy expression. "What?" you ask, smiling playfully.

"I've kissed a lot of women in my life, but that... when I was little, I had a crush on Jennifer Jane Parker."

You giggle. "Isn't that Claudia from Back To The Future?"

Dean chuckles. "Yeah. And when I was little and dreamt about kissing her.... It was better than anyone I've kissed in my entire life. But now..."

You smile. "So you're basically saying I kiss better than your imaginary friend?"

Dean grins. "Basically."

"Oh my God." You know how you're going to get home. "Back To The Future."

-|-

Dean slides back into Eliot's car.

"Well?" you whisper excitedly. "Did you plant it?"

He smiles. "Yeah." He leans over to your seat and plants a quick kiss on your lips. Your heart flutters at how natural it feels. "Now let's go check on Eliot."

-|-

You arrive on Lila's property, but Eliot is nowhere to be found.