Chapter 42: One Shot

Trae's POV

"Wanna go see mommy today?" I put on Derrick's jacket.

Now that Thanksgiving is over, Jakiyah is back to being busy with school and teaching her yoga class. She stays locked in the room studying and we hardly get to do things with one another. I'm not complaining, but the main reason I let Quez and Jermaine take over is so I could be home with her. Now that I am home all time, she's not or either she's too tired. I'm going to visit her at her yoga session and bring her lunch. Then I'm going to surprise her with a vacation that I planned for the two of us.

Derrick and I got in the car and headed to Jakiyah. She's at a nice little location not too far from the house. This'll be my first time seeing the place and meeting the girls she teaches. Before pulling up, I stopped at a sandwich shop to buy something to eat. I looked at the clock to make sure I'd get there in time before she leaves for class.

The man behind the counter handed me my food and then I was on my way. Once I got there, I was greeted by a woman who sat at a desk. I told her the reason I was there and she directed me to a room located to the left of me. I looked through the window and I saw a bunch of teenage girls grabbing their belongings. With Derrick standing on the side of me, I opened the door to also see Jakiyah engaging in conversation with someone. He was about the same height as me with dark skin and a haircut. He looked about our age and was dressed in regular clothes so I know he wasn't apart of the class. Jakiyah's smile was big and so was his as he leaned against the wall. I wouldn't be upset about this, but it looks as if he's flirting with her.

I didn't say anything, but she finally realized I was in the room after a few seconds. She picked up Derrick and began kissing all over him. Lil Trae was happy to see her too since he cried when she left this morning. Whoever this dude was, he wouldn't stop looking at me so I mugged him. Still, he looked me up and down. I turned my back towards him to ignore it.

"Is that the baby?" A few girls excitedly ran over to Derrick.

"Yes! This is my baby boy, Derrick and this is Trae." She pulled me closer to her.

"Jay is always talking about you." One of the girls waved at me.

"Word? I hope she says good stuff." I smiled.

"Most of the time." She laughed.

"Come on, Amanda. We'll see you next week, Jakiyah." The dude waved.

I sighed as Jay waved bye back. She then let some of the girls hold Derrick while she packed up her stuff. I smiled as I watched them play with lil Trae. They seem like a nice group of kids, I see why Jakiyah enjoys it so much. Most of their rides arrived and we waited for all of them to leave the room. Before leaving, all of them gave Jay a hug.

"What made you come and visit today?" She hugged my arm.

"I wanted to bring you something to eat before you went to class. Is it somewhere in here for us to eat?" I picked up Derrick.

"Yeah, they have a cafeteria in here. I'm a go to the restroom and wash my hands first."

I waited for her outside the restroom and debated if I wanted to bring up ole dude. I have a messed up past so I shouldn't be questioning her about what she's doing, but I'm curious. I trust her and everything, I just don't want nobody all up on my baby. When she got out the restroom we went into the cafeteria to find a seat.

"Who was that dude?" Was the first thing I asked once we sat down.

"Well. My day was good, thanks for asking." She got smart.

"Yuh, no problem. Who was he?"

"One of their brothers. Why?" She started eating.

"He come here all the time? And what was y'all talking bout?"