Chapter 19: Switching Sides

Trae's POV
Song in multimedia: Kodak Black- If You Ain't Ridin

3 Weeks after break in

Today I'm chilling at the crib with Quez and Jay. I'm finally taking a little break after being up most nights. Jermaine's coming over and I need to talk to him. Word around town is that he's been out breaking into houses, stores, and stealing cars with his lil friends. He knows that I don't approve of that, especially after what happened to me. I'm not gone really get down his throat, but I'm a let him know how I feel.

"Every time I come over here lil Trae fat ass always eating. Look at them rolls on them legs, boy." Quez laughed.

"Tell your uncle to stop hating." Jay replied.

"Aaaaahhhaaahh!" Derrick banged his hands on his high chair with food all over his mouth.

As we all laughed at Derrick the doorbell rung. I assume it's Jermaine so I went to get the door. I greeted him and welcomed him in the house. I sat back down and noticed Jermaine looked nervous as hell. All three of us looked at him because he didn't sit down nor speak. Maybe he already knows what I'm about to say.

"Hey y'all." He finally waved to Quez and Jay.

I squinted my eyes because I can tell something's wrong. I'm tired of hearing bad news and I already know he ain't got nothing good to say. It was silent and Jay took the hint that she should leave the room. She wiped Derricks mouth and took him with her.

"Let's sit on the porch big boy." She told him.

"What you wanted to talk about?" He asked.

"I'm hearing some shit about you mane." Was my response.

"Like what?" He looked lost.

"Like you going out breaking into cars and stuff. You know people be talking bro and I don't like that stealing shit mane. You stuck up the stop n' go in my hood?" I shook my head.

"I...I... I mean. I know you don't like it, but I was making extra money. I'm done with that though." His body language was trying to tell me something else.

"What's wrong with you bro? You acting all funny." Quez said to Jermaine.

"Stuff just getting crazy in the streets." He bit his nail.

"What you don't wanna sell no more?" I'm confused.

"It's not that. I... I just need to tell you something." He stuttered.

Y'all know I hate when people beat around the bush with me. People need to speak they mind and not be afraid to tell me what's going on. I may be tough on people, but I'm nobody to be afraid of especially if you family. Quez was even waiting on him to spit it out.

"Don't be mad when I tell you this because I didn't even know about it." He scratched his head.

Hol up, wait, let me add this together. Jermaine knew I was out of town, he knows where I keep my drugs, and he knows I'm getting money. Now he coming over here acting all weird and shit. Nah, he family. I shouldn't even think like that, I stayed silent and calm. We made direct eye contact with each other and it made the moment even more serious. Who knows what this dude bout to say.

"I know the dudes who robbed you. They was my homeboys but I didn't know they would do that, I swear!" He talked fast.

I stood up and so did Quez. He know I'm bout to kill this nigga so he stood on the side of us. I tilted my head and had to think about what he said to me. Before I break his neck I wanna make sure I understood him correctly.