I could tell my confession had caught him by surprise because it took a moment before he was finally able to respond to me.

"You don't need to be scared of me unless you give a reason for me to be scary." Lucas replied. "I don't trust you enough because the last time I trusted you to be by yourself, you almost got wrapped up back into a drug life and then almost got killed. When you're in my line of business, you learn not to trust anyone-not even the seemingly most innocent face. You'll get a chance to a free and normal life when you've proven yourself trustworthy enough."

For the remainder of the drive, we didn't say anything else to each other. I kept thinking about what Lucas had said. How else do I prove myself trustworthy enough? Wasn't that what I've been trying to do?

After what seemed like hours, Lucas finally came to a stop, and parked in the parking lot in front of
a large building. As we exited the car, I turned to look up at the building before turning to him.

"Uhm...what is this place? Why are we here?" I asked him.

"Just follow me." Lucas replied as he walked ahead.

I followed sharply behind him, trying to keep up pace with him as we entered the building. I tried to get a clue as to where we were as we walked through. I had happened to catch the words 'clinic' and 'doctor' along the way, which had me thinking were we at some form of hospital.

I was paying attention to everywhere else around me instead of what Lucas was saying to the lady who was at the reception desk area.

"Follow me, this way." I heard the lady said as he started walking in another direction.

Why did Lucas bring me here? What was this place? It wasn't until we were now inside a spacious living room area, that I realized where we were.

"Amy?" I heard Katie's and Nora's voices at the same time.

Oh God, we were at the rehabilitation center. How could I not noticed this before?

"Oh my God, you guys." I said in shock as I ran over to them, both of them hugging me tightly.

"Boy am I glad to see you."

"You dyed your hair? Wow this is so... new. It looks great Ames."

"She looks great. Omg. It feels so good to finally get to see someone from the outside."

Katie and Nora kept gushing.

"I'm so glad to see you guys. I'm so sorry you both have to be stuck in here." I said to them.

"It's okay Amy. It's for the best. We're finally getting the help we needed so long, being here." Katie smiled at me as she played with piece of my hair.

"Yeah, the process is somewhat painful but I think it'll be worth it when we're finally better." Nora replied.

"Besides, we just have a few more months to go in here." Katie replied "We'll be okay...eventually "

I smiled at them, overwhelmed with emotions at seeing my friends again. I suddenly remembered that there was another presence in the room that I've totally forgotten before.
I finally turnef towards Lucas as he stood at the door watching us with his hands tucked away in his pockets.
I couldn't help but smile at him appreciatively. Lucas was a jerk most of the times but at times like this, it was easy to forget that. I walked back to him cautiously.

"I uh...I want to thank you for bringing me here today. I appreciate it, it means a lot." I said to him.

"No problem. I figured it was time you see them now." He responded.

"Thank you." I smiled at him.

I had the sudden urge to hug him as well but I didn't think he'd appreciate that much so instead I settled with giving him another smile.

The craziest thing happened to me guys, I wrote half the chapter earlier today and I don't know what went wrong but I save it and when get back to finish writing the enter chapter disappeared. I was so upset I had to write over the whole thing, I even forgot some of what was written before so I'm so sorry if this chapter seems rushed or not good enough. I'm also sorry for any errors. Anyway hope you like it and don't forget to vote and comment.