Chapter Sixteen

Alpha Lane Winters

     "Lane, good to see you," he smirked, his eyes, in their bright bloody red, glinted mischievously at me.

  "Ulysses," I greeted through gritted teeth.

"What's wrong did my mother not inform you of my visit?" He crossed the foyer towards me.

      His black hair was gelled and he wore one of the council's black uniforms.

I said nothing as his eyes passed over me and our surroundings.

"Well, Lane where is this human you claim to be your pathetic soul mate?" He bantered.

I let out a threatened growl and fought to control myself.

"I broke no laws, she's been turned." I snarled in return.

I felt Safír and my enforcers submitting to my overpowering dominance.

  He laughed and it seemed to boom in the large halls. "We'll see..." he rolled his broad shoulders and I held back a snarl.

   "My enforcers and I will be staying two days; in these days we will evaluate whether there were any laws broken. If I find that any law has not been correctly obeyed, we will set a a trial and the council will come to deliberate, prior to this you will be detained. You better hope you still have that luck you were born with." He blinked and his eyes were a hybrid red and gold.

A growl rumbled in the depths of my chest and I restrained myself from tearing his flesh from his bones.

"Loki," I called to my top enforcer through our link.

"Yes sir?" He replied.

"I want your team to escort our—guests, to the lodges on southern territory, near the ridge lines, I don't want them anywhere near the Alpha wing." I ordered.

"Of course Alpha." He cut our link and a few seconds later he approached us with his team.

"The captain of my enforcement guard will be escorting you to your lodging in the southern part of our territory, no need to alarm the humans with your arrival," I replied tactfully.

Ulysses looked at me through narrowed eyes, I felt his suspicion, it was like being on the edge of a knife, if I made one wrong move I would be on the wrong side of that knife.

"We will settle in and in 2 hours we will begin our investigation," his eyes still narrowed but the suspicion had moved deeper into them.

I nodded solemnly and Loki's team surrounded them, guiding them toward four black SUVs in the drive.

I turned swiftly and quickened my pace towards my office. Safír was soon by my side, his stride matching mine.

    "What's the plan?" He asked as we sat down in my office.

     "I don't know. The only angle I think we can play is to gather the support of the pack and persuade them to stand with me," I replied.

    I couldn't fight the council, there was already potential for one war, two wouldn't do much good.

    Safír nodded. "You're strong Lane and I will stand by you till death, you're my best friend." He replied solemnly.

    I looked up into his violet-blue eyes. "Thank you," I told him whole-heartedly.

     He nodded once more before standing up, "I'll call the meeting, all members should be in the main hall with the hour." He left me to sit in silence.