Chapter Two

Angela Percy

    I sat on the couch, cradling my warm cup of coffee.

     The wind was blowing and the sun was shining brightly, reflecting off the new sprinkling of snow.

     I pulled my fresh sweater around me and adjusted my skinny jeans.

    The couch was warm and I felt cozy in my new home. I checked my phone, hoping on some off chance that maybe my family might've texted or called.

    Of course not.

    I sighed standing up as I finished my coffee and tossing it in the sink in the kitchen.

    I picked up my purse, phone, and keys and decided to go out. I stepped out into the frigid air and locked the house, my lace up boots crunched the snow on the small front porch.

     The house across the street looeven more brilliant in the light. It was grand and beautiful, the snow glittered upon the peaks behind it.

    I unlocked the truck and got in, starting it up.

     The wind blew against the car as I pulled onto the road.

I kept driving up to the highway, at the same time I was about to pull onto it, a black Benz sped past me.

    I caught his eyes. The same shade of gold that made my heart beat speed up.

He looked at me in the rear view mirror as he sped down the road and turned into the driveway of the mansion.

I shivered, this overwhelming feeling of intense passion running through my body.

     I drove into town, snow flurrying on the windshield as I pulled into a parking space in front of a small shop.

I got out and locked the car, walking to the entrance of the small store.

Inside it smelling like cookies and scented candles. A woman with brown hair and kind blue eyes stood behind the counter. "Hello, welcome to Tina's, let me know if you need anything." The girl greeted.

I nodded and continued walking around the quaint shop. There were all sorts of trinkets and even some clothing.

I noticed a a shiny sparkling thing in the corner. I walked over to it, quickly figuring out that it was a pendant of some sort.

It was a little wolf, howling. It was so cute and pure silver. The chain was just the right length for my neck.

The price wasn't too bad so I picked it up and brought it up to the counter.

"Found something you like?" The girl asked. I nodded. She smiled and took the pendant and set it down on the counter and grabbed a little jewelry box.

"You know, my little sister makes these, I'm Tina by the way, I haven't seen you around here before." She held out her hand and I shook it.

"Angela, yes I'm new in town, I moved in over on NightCrest." I told her.

    "Oh... Across from Lane Winters. Amazing house right?" She put the necklace in the box.

    "Yes, very." I laughed at little. "Well I'm Tina." She laughed putting the box in a little gift bag.

   "Oh and watch out for the wolves out there. There's a huge pack out near there, make sure you lock up at night." She warned.