"Once again to save the day"

One month later

“Will you just hold still,” Jenna growled.

“Nope, you insisted on doing this against my will so I’m going to make it difficult for you,” I started shaking my head even more, just to annoy her.

“I’m going to end up burning you,” she grumbled, wrapping another piece of my hair around the curling iron.

I crossed my arms, which were only recently cast free, “Fine.”

A few minutes of curling later Jenna scruffed her hands through my hair and sprayed it with an assortment of products. “There, you’re finished.”

I looked at my reflection in the mirror on the other side of my room, I had to admit Jenna did good work. “Thanks,” I smiled.

Jenna has insisted on coming over and doing my hair and makeup for the dance, apparently I couldn’t be trusted to get ready by myself. Despite the fact that Jenna had put way to much effort in making sure I looked perfect I was glad to have the company.

Jenna turned to do her own hair, her pink sweetheart-style dress swaying back and forth with each step she took.

I picked at my own outfit, a teal strapless number with just the faintest amount of shimmer and matching black pumps with little bows on them. 

“Stop that,” Jenna hissed, swatting my hand away with her free hand, “You look perfect, don’t mess it up.”

She curled a few more pieces of her blonde locks and then took a step back to stand beside me. “We look hot.”

I began to laugh but was interrupted by a knock at my window. We both looked to see Luke floating outside, tux and all, holding my corsage.

“No,” Jenna yelled, dashing to the window and closing the blinds, “No looking until she’s done, it’s bad luck.”

“Jenna it’s fine, it’s just homecoming, besides I think the whole bad luck thing is for weddings not dates.”

Jenna spread out her hands and blocked the way to the window, shaking her head. “No, just wait, you need one more thing. Don’t let him in or I’ll- I’ll hurt you.”

I couldn’t help but laugh at Jenna’s threat. “Alright,” I sighed, I raised my voice so Luke could hear, “Your going to have to wait, Jenna’s holding me hostage.”

“Do you want me to come in there, it might be a close fight but I think I can take her,” Luke’s voice called back.

“Don’t you dare Luke,” Jenna yelled, rushing to my closet and digging through the piles of clothes, knowing that there was no way she would really be able to stop Luke if he wanted in.

“What are you looking for?”

“This,” Jenna ran over and placed an object over my eyes. I looked in the mirror and it was my black Anthem Girl mask.

“Uh Jenna, what’s this for?”

“It’s a masquerade ball silly, you need a mask,” Jenna squealed, placing her own hot pink mardigras style mask on.

I looked at my reflection in the mirror. “I look like Anthem Girl, formal edition.”

“Exactly,” Jenna said smugly as if this was her plan all along, “Ok you can come in now Luke.”

Luke stepped through the window. “Wow you look beautiful Dante,” he said, his eyes wide, “Oh and you too Jenna.”

“Thanks, you too,” I smiled. I looked him once over, he did look great. Then I realized something. “Hey, where’s your mask?”