"Something was seriously wrong"

A week had passed and the city had remained unusually quit. There were no robberies, no attacks by giant monsters, and no Terror Troup. I couldn’t help the nagging feeling that something wasn’t right, but of course that wasn’t my problem anymore.

                I was sitting in my pajamas still, watching cartoons. My mom was asleep in the next room and I was trying not to make too much noise despite her being an abnormally heavy sleeper.

                Just like the city, my day was proving to be quite uneventful. I was just about to grab another bowl of cereal when I looked out the window.

                A strange smoke was hovering over downtown and random bursts of light were flashing periodically. What was happening?

                I ran back into the living room, hopping over the couch, and flipped the channel to the news.

                “The city board advices all citizens to not panic,” the newswomen said despite a worried look in her eyes, “Since any evacuation options are currently unavailable we advise everyone to stay indoors and out of the downtown area.”

                Come on just tell me what’s up already? I strained towards the tv, waiting for details.

                Suddenly a knock at the door broke my attention.

                I rushed to answer it and let out a gasp as I opened the door.

                There stood Luke, arms on his legs trying to catch his breath. His hair was sweaty and matted down and dirt was encrusted all over his face. A thin line of blood streamed down from a small cut below his eye.

                Something was seriously wrong.

                ...............................

Just a teaser for what is yet to come. I have officially written the rest of the story so I'll be updating regularly. :) Don't forget to vote/comment.

-Holly Orange