Chapter 17- Tournament of Heroes

"So, um, I'm sorry I thought you were an evil nutcase. My bad," I say to Alex, one hand rubbing my kneck.

Alex gives me a smug smile, "It's okay, I'm a pretty great actress."

"No but seriously, ever since you joined the team I've been treating you like you might snap any moment. I should have trusted in you, you've earned it," I say.

Alex puts her hand over in heart in mock sincerity, "Awh, Dante Caslon approves of me. Now I can finally go on with my life."

"Oh shut up" I smile as I punch her lightly in the shoulder.

Alex laughs, "Thanks though. It sort of does mean a lot. Now if you excuse me I have to go do something thats been long overdue."

I watch as Alex marches right up to David, who had been talking with Luke, and spins him around and pulls his lips to hers.

When they finally pull away his lips are covered in frost and for once he has nothing to say. His mouth hangs open, his eyes are wide. He's frozen.

"Well it's about time," Ricky calls out and a few other people lets out a few whoops and hollers. This finally brings David back to reality and now it's his turn to pull Alex to him.

I let out a whistle and clap my hands. Ricky's right, it's about time.

All us heroes are still in the giant arena. Brian was able to pick the lock on the Ultraleagues cage and they took care of business from there. Chloe, Ethan, and the rest of the traitors were rounded up and taken to a holding facility for further trials.

I made sure to blow Chloe a kiss as she was escorted out in hand cuffs. She responded by throwing her arms in the air and screaming how she would have her revenge.

Finally Ultraman was taken out, put in a similiar cage to the one he made for Luke. Oddly enough he was silent the entire time, as if he was in shock his brillaint master plan didn't work.

The entire thing had been televised and now the whole world new of his true nature. It's caused quite the uproar. He was supposed to be the ultimate symbol for justice.

His title had been passed on to Jack, the teleporter who used to be the leader of Anthem Force before he got moved up. Although it'll take some time for the world to get over the fact there favorite hero was really an evil scumbag, I know they're in good hands.

I gasp as a pair of hands snake their way around my waist. I look over my shoulder to see Luke smirking at me.

"What are you so happy about?" I tease as I give him a peck on his nose.

"I went head to head with Ultraman," he says smugly, "Not a bad day."

He's right of course, not many can say that.

Luke laughs, "I'm just kidding. Well, not about the going head to head with Ultraman, that was pretty cool, but I was acting like an idiot the entire time. I was so wrapped up in the competition I didn't even realize what was going on right under my nose. Forgive me?"

"No need for apologizes," I smile. Ultraman was Luke's hero. I don't blame him for being a little starstruck. "Let's go congradulate Jake."

I grab Luke and pull him to the center of the arena where Jake is ordering people around on how to clean up this mess. The whole gang seems to surround around him as wee head over.

"Congrats Jack, I hear you're the new leader," I say and a few of the others cheer.

Jack blushes slightly, "Thanks. I'm going to do my best to return the Ultraleague to better days. This whole competition should never of happened and I hold myself personally responisble for not realizing Ultraman's true colors sooner. I owe you all a huge thank you."

"No, eh, biggie," Natasha manages to say. She's had a huge grin on her face for the last hour.

"I'd also like to offer each of you a spot of the Ultraleague. You all have certainly earned it," Jack says and there's a collective gasp from the group.

We all look to one another. This is what we all wanted, isn't it?

"You can have time to think about it," Jake says before going off to talk with Brian. The two have a lot to catch up on I'm guessing.

"Dang," I mange to say and Luke just nods. I've been offered a spot on the ultimate, the best of the best, the supreme superhero team in the entire world, "I need to think this over for a while."

"Me too," Luke says. Well that's a suprise, isn't this supposed to be Luke's dream? I don't press, however, and instead excuse myself to go talk to Adam and Zane.

"Sup teammates?" I call out, the two are standing to the side, probaly discussing the offer.

"Dante!" Adam calls out, running to me at super speed, "Can you believe it? Ultraman was evil and we won! I mean we all beat him, it was epic. Now we all have spots on the Ultraleague. All of us. Are you going to take it? I'm not sure."

Adam is talking a mile a minute and I have to grab his head to get him to shut up, "Adam!" I laugh, "Normal speed please."

"Sorry," he shrugs, "I'm just pretty pumped."

"We can tell," Zane says as he walks over, his black hair still crowding in his eyes, "I guess we all have some big decisions to make."

"Guess we do," I say, "But no matter what happens, I'm glad you two were my teammates. Thanks for believing me... Now come on, group hug."

Zane tries to back away but I manage to pull both him and Adam into a giant hug.

I'm going to miss those two.