Chapter 27

"Never in a million years I'd name my daughter Blair or Daphne, Spencer!", Leah shouted. She was standing in the middle of the living room, with her hands put on her hips. Her cheeks were a slight tone of red but she was mad right now. Mad about Spencer and his choices for a baby name.

"And I, I'd never name my daughter Nadine or Willow!", Spencer shouted back. He was standing only a few meters away from Leah and glared at each other angrily. Neither Leah nor Spencer could explain how and why the search for name had escalated like this, but it did. And there they were, standing in the living room shouting at each other because they couldn't agree on a name for their baby girl.

Leah felt frustration crawling up her chest and with a groan she sank down on the couch. She let her fingers run through her hair and closed her eyes. She was tired. The longer the pregnancy went on, the more she felt exhausted and tired. She didn't have the energy to fight with her boyfriend. Not now.

"Oh god, how will we ever agree on a name?", she whined and buried her face in her hands. When she felt a movement next to her, Leah shortly lifted her head. Spencer had joined her on the couch and hesitantly wrapped an arm around her shoulders.

"Hey, we'll agree on a name sooner or later", he quietly said. All of a sudden the fight was forgotten. Yes, they couldn't decide how to name their child, but it was still some time to decide. "We just...need a bit more time. And we should look through the baby names book together again", Spencer suggested. Leah nodded and with a snuffle she leaned against him.

"And what if we won't find one?", Leah asked and looked up to Spencer. He smiled at her. "We will, I promise you." His lips touched her temple.

„I'm sorry I shouted at you", Leah quietly said, what made Spencer chuckle. "I shouted as well. I'm sorry too. Okay, what do you think if we'd make some hot chocolate and then sit down again to look at some names?", Spencer suggested. Leah liked that idea and nodded. Spencer literally jumped from the couch and hurried to the kitchen to get the chocolate done.

Later the two of them were cuddled up under a fluffy blanket with a cup of hot chocolate in their hands and the book with baby names on Spencer's lap. They slowly scrolled through it while drinking their hot chocolate.

It was already pretty late when Leah fell asleep on the couch, leaned against Spencer's shoulder. He didn't dare to move because he didn't want to wake her up, but soon he started to feel uncomfortable. So he carefully hustled Leah away from himself and down to the couch, so that she lay on one of the pillows. Spencer put the blanket over Leah and for a moment he looked at her in awe.

Then Spencer went to the kitchen, made himself some coffee and sat back on the couch, next to Leah's sleeping body. He continued looking through the book and wrote down every name he liked and thought Leah might like as well. Maybe they would finally find a name they'd both agree with.

~

Leah woke up when sunlight warmed her face and she opened her eyes hesitantly. Frowning she realized that she was still lying on the couch and got up slowly. When she heard steps, Leah turned around and saw Spencer coming closer, a little smile on his face and a cup of tea in his hands.

"Here", he said and handed Leah the tea. "Thanks", she murmured. "Did I sleep here all night?", she asked and Spencer nodded as he sank down on the couch too.

"Yeah. I couldn't carry you into our bedroom and I didn't want to wake you up", he explained. "I was sitting here almost all night", he continued. "What? All night? Spence...why?" Leah frowned.

„Because I didn't want to leave you alone here and...I couldn't sleep anyway. So I was just sitting here and watched you sleeping or looked through the book." He grabbed the book filled with baby names that had been lying on the coffee table.

"I found some more names", Spencer admitted and grabbed a notepad that was between some pages. "Okay, I'm curious." Leah smirked. And she promised herself, not to start a fight again about the name. They were adults; they should be able to handle this like adults.

"I...I also like the names Alana and Delilah and...I thought, maybe you'd like them too. Alana means the beautiful one and Delilah...", Spencer bit his lips and quickly read through the information that was given to that name, "they can't really tell what the name means but it sounds nice." He shyly grinned towards Leah. She laughed and then put the book out of Spencer's hands and back to the coffee table.

"I like both names. They sound good and I could totally live with my daughter being called Delilah or Alana", she told Spencer and gently leaned against him. Her hand was lying on Spencer's knee. He grabbed it and his thumb gently stroked the back of Leah's hand.

"Let's decide when the baby's here", Leah eventually murmured. Spencer nodded. "Yeah, we'll know which name would be perfect for her when she's born", he agreed.

For a moment Leah and Spencer both remained quiet, until Leah's head shot up from Spencer's shoulder. "What?", he asked frowning.

"Spence, we didn't think about who will be our baby's godfather and godmother!", she exclaimed with her eyes widened.

"Well, I...I thought of...Morgan as the godfather", Spencer said after some seconds of silence. He and Leah looked at each other. And there were no words needed. She agreed with him. She knew Derek was Spencer's best friend and she had already assumed that he'd suggest Derek. "And what about Garcia as the godmother?" Now it was Leah that spoke. "She's doing so much in the case of my biological parents and she's so excited for that baby..."

Spencer chuckled and wrapped an arm around Leah to pull her closer. "I absolutely agree with you. She'd be an amazing godmother. She's already great with Henry, I'm sure she'll freak out if she hears that she'll be the godmother of a girl."

Leah burst out in laughter when she thought about that. She already knew somehow that Penelope Garcia would put the baby girl in clothes all pink. But she'd also take care of her, no matter what.

"Okay then, at least we agree on that", Spencer smirked and pressed his lips on Leah's. She winced only seconds later and Spencer pulled away, frowning. "The baby", Leah simply said and put a hand on her baby bump while she took some deep breaths.

"Is she kicking again?", Spencer asked and when Leah nodded, Spencer immediately put a hand on her stomach. "Where?"

Leah grabbed his hand and moved it over her baby bump to place it where she had just felt another kick. It happened once again and a little smile formed on Spencer's lips. Leah watched him while he stared at her baby bump. He was always so in awe when he could feel the baby and she could imagine that it must be incredibly awesome to him since he didn't have any other chance to feel the baby. And Leah could have looked at Spencer for days right now. The sparkling in his beautiful brown eyes, the smile that had parted his full, soft lips and the love that she could see on his face made her heart jump in her chest.