Chapter 1

Filled with excitement Leah left the doctor's office. In her hand she was holding a small picture. A scan on which her baby was already visible. Okay, it was just some kind of a point, but it was there. And Leah couldn't explain what she was feeling right now.

It was a beautiful day in spring and the sun was shining without any clouds to cover it. So Leah decided to walk home by feet. Fresh air was what she needed now. She had to think about how her whole life would change now and got even more excited when she thought about telling her boyfriend Spencer this news.

During the last weeks she had been feeling very sick. First Leah had thought she would suffer some stomach flu, but when her breasts started to hurt and she became moody, she knew it must be something else.

So she'd bought a pregnancy test and made it while Spencer had been away on a case with the Behavioral Analysis Unit of the FBI. The test had been positive and so Leah had decided to see her gynecologist before she'd tell Spencer anything. She needed to be sure.

And now she could be. There was a baby growing inside of her! A thought Leah would have to get used to within the next months. But for now it somehow felt unreal.

Leah and Spencer were a couple since almost three years now and they had talked about starting a family for a while. At first Spencer had been insecure since his mom was suffering from schizophrenia and there was a chance he could suffer from it was well one day. It could also be possible that a child of his could have that illness as well.

But then Leah had managed to change his mind and now they would be parents sooner than they'd expected. As she walked through one of the parks on her way home, she all of a sudden realized the grass was greener than usual, the sky was more blue than usual. Leah felt like everything around her was more intensive since she was sure about her pregnancy. A smile was plastered on her pretty face she didn't think she'd ever get rid of anymore. She was too happy.

~

Back home Leah had to wait for Spencer. He was still at the office getting some paperwork done before the next case would drop on the team's round table. So she paced around the apartment she was living in with Spencer. She passed the corridor, the kitchen, the living room, the bedroom and the bathroom. Then she decided to take a shower. But the time didn't want to pass faster and she started to feel the urge to just call Spencer and tell him that he was going to be a dad. But Leah resisted. No, she wanted to tell him that face to face. This news wasn't for telling just by the phone.

Three hours later – Leah had sat down on the couch with one of Spencer's books – the front door finally opened and Leah jumped from the couch. Way too fast, she realized immediately as the room started to spin in front of her eyes. She squinted them and took a deep breath.

"Honey, are you home?" She could hear Spencer's voice coming closer.

"Yeah, in the living room!", Leah exclaimed and slowly made her way to the corridor. As soon as she could see her handsome boyfriend, she had to resist the urge to literally jump on him and tell him everything right now. He should fully arrive home first before she'd tell him so she bit her lips to not reveal anything.

"Hey", Spencer quietly said and wrapped his arms around Leah as soon as she had reached him. She snuggled into his chest and closed her eyes for a moment. It felt so good to finally have him back home.

Whenever Spencer was away on a case, a sense of fear accompanied Leah every day. She could never know if Spencer would come back again alright or if something might happen to him. So as soon as he was home again, Leah always felt the urge to not let go of him anymore for at least four weeks.

"Hey", she finally sighed into his shirt and then looked up to him. Their eyes met and a smile appeared on Spencer's face as he lifted his hand and gently stroked Leah's cheek with one of his thumbs.

"I've missed you", he quietly said.

"I've missed you too", Leah replied and then wrapped her arms around Spencer once more.

For a moment they both remained quiet and just enjoyed that they were together again. But then Spencer pulled away and intently examined his girlfriend. "Are you alright? You're a bit pale."

Leah nodded. She had to tell him now. Spencer looked like he knew that something was going on and he hated to not know what it was. So Leah grabbed one of Spencer's hands and looked up to him.

"Spencer...", she started before she took another deep breath, "I have to tell you something." Leah's voice was slightly shaking and she didn't know why. She had some good news, why was she so incredibly nervous now?

"Come on, tell me, darling. I'm getting really curious now," Spencer smirked when he saw Leah hesitate.

"Okay, I...Spencer, I'm pregnant." Boom. Now it was out. He knew about it. But the look on his face told Leah that he didn't believe her words.

"You're kidding", Spencer murmured. "You're kidding, right? I mean...you are...are you...oh god, are you serious?" His eyes widened and he stared at Leah. She bit her lips but couldn't hold back a laugh.

"Do you really expect me to joke when it comes to a topic like that?", she asked back and put a hand on Spencer's chest. She could feel his heart beating fast under the skin.

Spencer shrugged. "I...I don't know." He let out a deep sigh. "You're really pregnant?", he asked again and Leah nodded.

"I really am. And...as a prove..." She pulled away from Spencer and hurried to her purse. For a second she rummaged in it before holding up the scan. A huge smile had grown on her face now.

Spencer grabbed the scan and stared at it. Leah examined her boyfriend and slowly stood up again. "Do you believe me now?", she quietly asked and her heart skipped a beat when Spencer looked at her again. He seemed to be so full of excitement and joy that Leah had a hard time to hold back some tears.

Without saying a word, Spencer wrapped his arms around Leah and whirled her around. She clasped around his neck and laughed and giggled until she asked him to let go of her again or she'd vomit any second. Spencer let her back down on the floor.

"You have no idea how happy you make me", he whispered and pressed his lips against Leah's. She smiled into the kiss as she wrapped her arms around his neck once more.

Leah was relieved about Spencer's reaction. She hadn't been sure he would be that happy. It could have been that he hadn't been ready to be a father. But it seemed like he was.

"How many weeks are you?", Spencer now wanted to know as they slowly stepped into the living room. "I'm in the sixth week", Leah smiled, feeling so happy and emotional, that one or two tears streamed down her face.