Chapter 22-- Aries

Aries

I woke up with dried tears on my face. I must have fallen asleep while I was calling Alexa. I check my phone, and sure enough, there is a text from her.

'I hung up once you fell asleep. Love you twinsie.'

I smiled and sat up, clutching my head against a headache. Yikes. So this is what happens when you sob yourself to sleep.

I get up and get an Aspirin, taking it with milk instead of water. Then I check my phone and see I have another message from that, soleis-sun girl. Suddenly it hits me. Soleis. That was the name on my other wrist. Is she my soulmate? But she's a . . . she. I shake those thoughts out of my head and message her back.

Well, yeah, pretty much the same. And. . . Is your name Soleis? Or is that just your username?

Before I hit send, I changed my username to just say Aries, not Aries Soulsign.

I shudder at the nickname. 

Before he came along, I had no desire to interact with my enemy. I had no feeling of revenge, no reason to try and ruin their life. Blake thought that by striking first, he had the upper hand but he's wrong. Now, I  do want to hurt him, I do want to strike back. I want to make him hurt as much as I did.

But first, I need to know my soulmate. Together, we can fight against our enemies.

I look at the words on the screen again and dare myself to hope. Maybe this time, I'll find love.