Chapter 4-- Aries

Aries

I rode down the street on my blue Vespa, my hair flapping in the wind from under my helmet. I speed down the road, to a less populated side of London. I park at a shopping center, and smooth down my hair, wondering why I even bothered to brush it. I immediately head into an art supplies store called Ken Bromley. I don't draw or paint, but I often get inspiration from art and artists. Secretly, I'm hoping to meet Blake here, at an art store that isn't too expensive or crazy.

I look at a shelf of pastels, ranging In price from £4 to £20. I took a quick picture, then frowned at the outcome.
   "Can I have that?" A voice asked. I look up from the developing photo to see a boy who works here. I give him the picture.
    "Sure." He takes it, and as he moved I see his name tag. Blake. I gasp and look at my wrists, but the names still remain. I sigh. Wrong Blake.

I feel bad for the people whose soulmates has a common name, like Josh or Zoe. Whenever  they see someone with that name, they'll experience that mini heart-attack moment, look at their wrists, and be  disappointed. Blake isn't that common of a name, but it isn't uncommon either. I've had my fair share of hopeful heart attack moments.

I look at the boy as he walks away. He isn't my Blake. Now that I know, I can instantly tell. His whole. . . Signal is all off.

Being named after a zodiac sign, I'm very superstitious. Both my brother and I were named after the sign we were, based on our birthdays. Not very creative on our parents part, but I have to give them some points for thinking of the whole Zodiac thing in the first place. As I look at the boy, I see that he doesn't have  that artist thing my Blake has. Or will have. This Blake looks like he needed a job and this was the only place that would hire him.

I sigh again and continue to look though supplies. Maybe the next Blake will be mine.