Chapter 20--- Aries

Aries

I stood, waiting outside my apartment building. I was wearing a cute skirt that I took from Alexa a while back for my first real date with Blake. Unless the failed driving thing counted as a date. No, I'm not counting that. 

I quickly checked my Tumblr, seeing an odd message from someone I don't know. But before I could respond, Blake's car pulled up. 

Grinning, I practically ran over to him, and got into the shotgun seat. It felt natural now, to be in his car, almost like I'd been here a million times.

Blake grins and gives me a light kiss on the cheek that makes my heart swell up like a balloon.

"I missed you," he says before starting the car.

"I missed you too." I was still in shock from the kiss and had nothing else to say, so I just smiled at the road ahead of me.

After only about fifteen minutes of driving, we got to the restaurant, Elderflower. . It was a nice restaurant, but not too expensive. It was perfect.

A waiter sat us at a two person table.

"Do you like it?" Blake asks me, gesturing to the surrounding restaurant.

"I love it," I say and pick up a menu. The waiter comes over.

"Do you two know what you want?" She asks.

"Sure," Blake says. "Well, I do anyways. Aries?" My eyes quickly skim the menu .

"Can I have fish and crisps, please?" I ask.

"Coming right up!" The waiter chirped. As she was leaving, she winked at me.

"You guys are a wonderful couple," she says and I blush. Blake sets his phone on the table and stands up.

"I'll be back," he says. "I need to use the bathroom." I nod and he walks away. I drum my fingers on the table for a moment, then his phone dings with a text message. I look over at it. It's from someone named Angela.

'Hey, Darling. Are you still having dinner with your "Soulsign."  I frown, confused. Is this a sibling? Another text comes in. 

'I mean, I feel like I never get to see you anymore. :( Can't you think of another way to hurt your enemy besides fake dating her?? '

I drop the phone onto the table, not caring about the hairline crack that appears. I'm breathing hard and my brain is muggy.

Is Blake. . . cheating on me? No, that's not the right term, he was supposed to be my soulmate. 

He comes back and I grab his phone and stand up so quickly my chair falls. I shove the phone into his hands, not noticing the people around us starting to stare. 

"What. Is. This?" I ask. Blake looks confused at first, then realisation dawns on him.

"Are you cheating on me?!" I demand, my voice cracking against my will. Blake smiles, but it's not his normal adorable smile.

"Of course not," he says. I relax a little, but then he adds, "I'm fake-dating you."

"What?" I'm almost whispering now, trying not to cry. My brain is so confused and overwhelmed with emotions that it's hard to think straight.

"I met my soulmate, Angela, a while ago. I knew then that you were my enemy and so I stalked your Instagram to find you. Then when I ran into you at the road, the opportunity was just trio perfect."

The world froze and my heart was an iceberg at it's centre. But like all icebergs, I melted, and hot tears streamed down my face.

And he laughed. Blake laughed. It would be bad enough if he was happy with my pain, but instead he found it amusing. How could someone so wonderful be. . . bad?

"If I had known you were so pathetic, I wouldn't have bothered." Blake shook his head and his lip curled up, almost like he was disgusted. "I was prepared with this plan to use against my enemy, and instead you're too stupid to even notice that you had met your soulmate already." He grabs his phone. "I shouldn't have even bothered. There's nothing you could do to me." 

And for the second time this week, Blake left me stranded.

I called a taxi and texted Alexa. My tears were gone now, they seemed to have left with him.

'Blake and I. . . broke up.' Her response was immediate.

'What?! What happened??? '

'I'll call you when I get home.' I suddenly remember something and check my Tumblr messages.

From: soleis-sun-3
To: aries-soulsign

Hey!! So, this might just be a coincidence, but your name is aries. My name is soleis. Your name happened to be on my wrist before I met my enemy. I was just wondering if maybe it was the same for you.

Just thought I'd let you know :P
-Soleis

I quickly respond:

Hey, soleis-sun-3

I've had a crazy day and am really confused but I know one thing; We need to talk.

-Aries.