Chapter 1-- Soleis

Soleis

I looked down at my wrist for the millionth time today and wondered, "when will I meet him?" There are two names on my wrists, Aries and Raymond. As goes for everyone, I have no clue who or where or why or anything about those two people. I live in London, England, and for all I know they live in America.

It's an intriguing thing, the names. You're born with them, and they stay until you meet your soulmate. I have a friend that actually met her soulmate, and she is very happy.

I'm 24 now, living with my friend Pixie, in a small apartment near the centre of London. Pixie hasn't met her soulmate or her enemy, either. It's a peaceful life, where there's not many distractions, and I'm free to study for Uni whenever. There's always time for a photo shoot, though. I major in photography and minor in violin, and I have a hobby with drawing. I moved here when I turned 18, and I absolutely love living and studying here, as I'm originally from Florida. I've picked up the accent, obviously, and I learned French, Spanish, and Latin.

I have a fascination with the names though, and I've researched them relentlessly. There were rumours that you couldn't see the colour of your soulmate's eyes until you meet them, but there's nothing grey or uncoloured to me. I've looked at the names countless times on my wrists, and I even researched the meaning of the names. Aries is a zodiac sign, and Raymond is just a name, as far as I can tell. My own name means sun.

I'm not sure meanings have much to do with it, but I think it was worth a shot. I stood up and grabbed my violin, fingering over a concerto I'd been working on for an audition. I grabbed my bow and started ringing out the familiar tune, Pixie coming and standing in my doorway to watch like she always did. After a few stumbles, and wrong notes, I made it to the end. Pixie clapped and I smiled at her. "Thanks, Pix." She laughed and walked out of the doorway, humming my concerto as she went.

I sat down at my desk and pulled out my laptop, thinking some work could do me good. I opened up my latest project, which was a highly-saturated-and-edited picture I was working on for photography. It was my wrists pressed together, and a caption read, "only time will tell."