Chapter 2--- Aries

Aries

I pull on a lock of my blue hair as I attempt to finish my entrance essay to the Manchester Photography Inc. I don't understand why we need an essay to get in a photography business, maybe they just want well rounded people or something. I currently live in a condo in London, but I hope to get into the class and move to Manchester soon. My odds of getting in are pretty good. I graduated with high marks in all of my art and writing classes, the only ones that really matter when I'm pursuing a photography career.

I look over my essay and nod, satisfied. The prompt was simply "Why do you take pictures?" So, I explained. I told them how I liked to take pictures without editing or staging them, just capturing moments as they come. I like to be able to show the world what I see, small pieces of my life, a glimpse of my perspective. I take pictures not to sell, though I've done that once or twice, but so my legacy can live on when I am no longer able to. So people won't forget me. So my voice will remain.

I click save and print, tapping my acrylic nails on the table. My eyes slide down to the names on my wrist and I rub a finger over them. The one on my left hand says, Soleis, my enemy. The one on the right says Blake, my soulmate. Well, it doesn't actually label which one is my enemy and which one is my soulmate, but I just know. Blake is going to be a deep artist-type, I can envision him. He will be the kind of person who will stay up into the middle of the night with me, watching stars and talking about the meaning of life. I can't wait to meet him.

The printer stops and I spin around in my rolly chair to get the papers. They are still warm, so I can't help but hug them to my chest. After a few seconds they lose their warmth, and I put them in my entry portfolio.

My mobile rings and I glance at it, seeing a FaceTime request from my brother. I look into the camera and watch my vibrant green eyes as I let the phone ring. My brother Taurus, was only 18 and has met his soulmate already. He's probably calling about the wedding. I love Taurus, and his soulmate, Monica, but I'm just not in the mood to listen to him tell me how in love he is. Today's been a lonely day.

I sigh and tap my fingers on my portfolio, suddenly filled with restless energy. I need to do something. I tuck my portfolio into a backpack and walk to the door. I tie my Adidas and grab my Polaroid camera. It's not the best camera for photos, but I just use it for fun, personal things. I sling my backpack over my shoulders and open the door, ready for an adventure.