Chapter 6-Chicago

Klaus walked towards his brother's room with a purpose in mind. Elijah had been hounding him continuously these past few days to un-dagger their sibling and take him to them. So Klaus had decided to quiet his brother down. He stopped playing with the dagger in his hand and hid it in his pocket. After he had taken care of Elijah, he would get rid of the girl too.

As he turned the corner leading to Elijah's room, he stopped in his tracks. He hadn't been expecting the girl, Sherry, or supposedly Hayley, to be standing outside Elijah's room. Klaus was standing next to her with an amused expression on his face just a second later.

"What are you doing?" Sherry almost jumped out of her skin as she looked at Klaus, surprised.

"Oh...I was just-" Her mouth ran dry when she turned to see Elijah doing push-ups in his room. She quickly turned back to Klaus, who seemed to know exactly what she'd been doing.

He leaned against the wall, curious to know her answer. What was she doing there, standing in front of the door while Elijah was doing his work-out?

"You know what I was doing, alright!" Sherry almost hissed, admitting defeat.

"Niklaus," Both heads turned towards the room as Elijah called out to his brother, "Are you finally going to take me to the place where our brothers and sister lay daggered in coffins?"

"And he doesn't mean you taking him there after you dagger him too," Sherry added. Klaus glared at her, wishing that he had gotten rid of her first. "I've watched the show, remember."

Klaus shuddered as he suddenly remembered. He wished that he could've forgotten. Seeing Elijah's shoulders tense, he knew that his plan wasn't going to work. His brother had been warned by the stupid girl who somehow knew things about him that nobody else did. Unfortunately, this meant that he would now actually have to take his brother to Chicago, un-daggered.

He stormed off, angrily mumbling to himself about how he was going to get rid of both Elijah and the annoying girl.

Elijah turned to Sherry, acknowledging her presence now that Klaus had left. "I'm sorry about my brother. Niklaus is quite-" He tried to find the right words to describe his brother, and failed.

"It's okay," she reassured, "I know how he can be. You don't have to keep apologising on his behalf. He should learn to own up to his mistakes."

Sherry instantly regretted the words that she'd said as Elijah spent the next few minutes staring at her silently. Was this the end then? Was she going to die now?

She knew that Elijah was a lot of things. He was kind and noble and wise, sure, but he was also overprotective and sensitive when it came to his siblings. He'd spent most of his life cleaning up Klaus' messes and even a few of Rebekah's and the rest of his siblings' until he just couldn't anymore.

So she knew that one wrong step, one wrong move or a word or anything at all that Elijah deemed as even slightly threatening coming from her, could mean the end of her life for her.

"Did I say something wrong?" She asked, cautiously risking a glance at him.

"No," he spoke softly, "you did not say anything wrong."

They both knew how petty and childish Klaus could be, and the fact that this caused him to become more ruthless was what made him even more dangerous.

"Why were you standing outside my room?" He asked and Sherry suddenly froze. He was a vampire, the original vampire, and she'd been standing right outside his room swooning over him.

She'd been walking through the corridor and the door to his room had been slightly open. So as she'd walked across it, she'd gotten a glimpse of Elijah not wearing a suit and that had been it really.

He looked about a hundred times hotter wearing a casual outfit than he did when he wore a suit. She didn't know why the TV show hadn't shown this part of him but she liked it. A lot.

"I was wondering why you weren't wearing your suit," she said the first thing to come to her mind. Images of a shirtless Elijah popped into her mind and her mouth suddenly went dry. No.

"Why would I wear a suit while I-" He stopped mid-sentence and tilted his head. "We have company."

She looked around in confusion, her heart feeling like it had popped out of her chest when she saw who had arrived in the house.

This was definitely an unexpected visit.

A/N: This was an incredibly short chapter so instead of uploading a new chapter this time, I just decided to make this one longer. Also to tell the truth, the reason I ended this chapter over here isn't because it's a cliffhanger or anything but because I have no clue who this 'unexpected visitor' is. Any thoughts on who it is?