Chapter 4-The Brothers

"I'm hungry," I stated for what felt like the hundredth time in an hour. Both Elijah and Klaus were pacing across the room and looked over at me when I spoke. Elijah simply sighed and continued with his pacing while Klaus suddenly stopped.

He sped towards me and in seconds he held me against the wall, gripping my neck. "If you don't shut up, I will kill you!" Klaus exclaimed.

"Brother," Elijah said, putting a hand on Klaus' shoulder. Klaus looked over at his brother before hesitantly letting go of me.

I coughed a little, regaining my balance and trying to breathe normally. "Why don't you two believe me?" I asked them, holding my neck which still hurt.

"You really think that we'll believe you if you tell us some lie about our lives being a TV show?" Klaus almost growled angrily.

"Can you prove to us that you are telling the truth?" Elijah asked.

I nodded my head. "But I don't think you really want me to prove it," I said, looking Klaus straight in the eyes because I knew things about him that even he didn't know about himself. Things that he wouldn't want anybody else to know. I knew a couple of things about Elijah too, but they he didn't really have many secrets.

I saw Klaus shifting uncomfortably but when he spoke, there was only confidence, "Well, you are wrong, so prove it."

I nodded my head again, deciding to start off small and bring out the big guns only if I had to. "You guys are here because you want to find the moonstone."

I saw that this made them both turn their heads a little bit. "You said that you also knew why we needed it," Elijah added.

I did. "Well Klaus wants it to activate his werewolf side and you, Elijah, want it to kill Klaus."

Both the Mikaelsons looked at each other and then looked away. Apparently, they had forgotten their hatred for each other momentarily, and so had I. I remembered how much Elijah had hated Klaus because he'd thought that Klaus had killed their siblings and it wasn't like Klaus was going to correct him anytime soon either.

But it was so easy to forget how much they hated each other when every episode of 'The Originals' made me see how much they really loved each other.

"Oh and by the way, Elijah, Klaus hasn't killed off your family," I quickly explained before Klaus could try and stop me, "He's daggered them all and kept them in coffins in a storage house somewhere in Chicago."

Klaus' eyes flashed angrily at me and I stepped back, ready to feel his sharp teeth on my neck. In that moment, I wished that I'd listened to Sam and stayed with him, or at least called for backup. But who was I even supposed to call ?

Even though I'd only known Andrew, Howard and Sam for a couple of hours, I really hadn't wanted to get them involved in this huge mess. So since they were the only people I knew around here, my potential backup, my only backup, was gone.

But before Klaus could get to me, Elijah stood in between us both. "Is that true, brother?" He questioned.

Klaus merely nodded his head and said, "I was going to take the daggers out when the time was right."

"And when will it be right, Niklaus?" Elijah finally asked him and if there was one question that Klaus couldn't really answer....

"Elijah's right, Klaus," I tried to help out, "The earlier you take the dagger out, the easier it'll be to handle them and the more time you take, the more they'll hate you. Trust me on this."

"I still do not believe you," Klaus spoke directly to me, "But I'm not going anywhere until I get the moonstone."

Elijah opened his mouth to try and persuade his brother, no doubt about it, even though we both knew that it'd be pointless to even try. Klaus was a stubborn bastard, and the only reason for me to help him was to save as many people's lives as I could.

I also knew that although Klaus liked to act like he was a big bad, he really was a good person by heart and at the end of the day that was what mattered.

"I know where the moonstone is."