∆1∆

I led my pack of rouges through some unknown alpha's territory, ready for whatever potential threat lay ahead. We had been traveling through North America for months. It was time for us to find a new place to call home. We weaved through the trees as our wolves at a steady and determined pace. I heard the distinct sound of a howl piercing into the cool winter night, something inside of me wanted to call back but I refrained. The familiar patter of paws on the forest floor alerted me that they were near; they were following us as I had expected. I signaled for my pack to hide and braced myself.

A large grey wolf plowed into me and caused me to roll. He pinned me quickly, I decided not to put up a fight just yet. I thrust my head up in surrender, willingly submitting to this weak alpha. He shifted and then put his hand around my neck causing rage to boil within my being as my wolf sister called for his blood. Soon, I said to her, soothing her momentarily.

"Shift." He said, using an alpha tone. I smiled as the command rolled off of me and did nothing but cause my fur to become more irritable. I still humored him.

I felt the pull of muscle and the tingling at the base of my skull, my bones popped and reformed themselves, it didn't take too long to become fully human. I was smaller than most of my race run, 5'5." But I was precisely 140 lbs of muscle hidden under curves. I had ample breasts and a round bottom. My hair was chestnut-brown with a honey tint. My eyes were greenish with tawny hues. My lips were full and pouty, and my face was a perfect mixture of sharp and round. My eyebrows were perfect in desired shape and fullness, my eyelashes long and thick, I rarely needed to wear any makeup as my complexion was flawless. As soon as the change was finished, I locked eyes with the alpha and let myself out fully. My beta aura amplified until my unmistakable scent signaled my alpha blood and warrior heritage.

"Shit, you're the she-wolf the council is looking for." He said, loosening his already tenuous grip. The smell of his fear wafted into my nose as I noted that my reputation had made its way to the sticks. I was known for being an alpha killer. I didn't offer anything for a few moments, letting the silence wrack his nerves further. I smiled slyly as my enigmatic eyes gleamed into his.

"And who are you?" I said fiercely, finally shattering the impenetrable silence. I was tranquil in his grip, laying on my back on the filthy ground. He hesitated. "I said. WHO. ARE. YOU?" My command ripped through him, causing him to suck in a breath and growl. His alpha pride coming out offended that a female can command him so.

"I am Alpha Harold." He said obediently through clenched teeth. I then placed both of my feet on his abdomen and propelled him away from me. Rising off the ground I then locked eyes with him again.

"I, Alpha Tatiana, challenge you Alpha Harold for your title and your land," I said firmly.

His laughter boomed through the air, "You may be stronger than I am little wolf, but you are a female. A female can't be alpha." I growled before instantaneously switching back to my wolf form. I charged at him as he yelped and scrambled away, I will slaughter him and all of those here.

I launched myself onto his throat, ripping his windpipe from his neck and consuming it whole. As he started to bleed out the remaining wolves rushed eagerly at me. They never made it because my two female warriors carefully took them out before they even had a chance. I shifted again and so did my little pack.

"A clean kill, Alpha." Aioli said, toeing one of the dead wolf's carcasses. "What's next?"

I smiled. "You will lower yourself to sleep with his son?" Aioli's twin Niosh said, picking up what I was thinking.

"Whoever said I would be sleeping with him?" I sighed gently. "I just have a feeling that this is precisely where I need to be, for now. And that instinct forewarns me that taking over this pack would be a waste of time. Something much bigger is coming." I then shifted and took off toward the packhouse, persistently following the dead alpha's scent marks. I didn't want to be alpha to these weaklings, and my wolf sister huffed in mutual agreement.