Chapter 30

Monday. I was afraid. I texted Yorky and he said that this was his last day here. So that same moment, I took advantage and wrote him a letter. The letter that explained everything. My love for him. As I'm writing, mom calls me to have breakfast. I didn't want to, really, but I just nibbled a little of the pancakes and went back to writing the letter. When I'm done writing it, I grab a envelope and I lick the sides and seal it. Then I take a shower and get dressed.

Yorky wasn't picking me up today. He had to finish packing and help his mother. So he wasn't coming to school around 10:00 am. Bummer.

I wait for the bus as usual and I text him. No reply. I sigh and just plug in my earphones and close my eyes.

Just then, BEEP BEEP!!!. I open my eyes and Lena was honking. I smile and hop in her Jeep."Hey Hopeless Romantic. I heard." she said.

"You do?" I ask.

"Yea. I'm sorry."

"Its ok." At first I thought he wasn't leaving till next Monday. But he cleared everything out. That Jay meant this week. I wish I had more time with him.

As we enter the building, I see Kat talking to a girl. She just looks at me and nods. It was a nod that meant 'I'm not saying anything.'. I smile and I nod back. I knew she wasn't all that of a slut. There's still something good in her. I sit in one of the cafeteria tables with Lena, Osmara, and Sam. Dave had a dentist appointment today. So he wasn't coming to school.

The whole breakfast, everyone was quiet. They knew about Yorky leaving. And they knew that If they brought it up, I would get hurt. On the outside, I looked like I wasn't hurt, but in the inside, my heart was dying with every second. I got up and walked away, not saying another word.

I make my way to the bleachers. Where me and Yorky used to sit. I smile and a tear escapes my eye. I wipe it off and look away. I slowly walk listening to a song that hurt me a little and made me shatter to tears. Then my phone vibrated.

I'm in the front. Where R u?op

He was here early. I made my way to the front as fast as I could. I looked around the main doors. Then I see him. Hes looking directly at me. I don't know if I run to him or if I just stand and let the brave one go. But when I was going to take a step, he starts walking. I stand there and don't know what to do. Then hes right in front of me. I could feel him breathing in me. Then he starts coming close to my lips. Hes not doing it. Hes risking people seeing him. But I suppose he didn't care so I kissed him. After that, I didn't care if anybody saw. I was with him. It was Me and him Vs The world. He then stops kissing me and I open my eyes. He looked at me and smiled."I don't care about anybody looking anymore. I love you and that's all that matters."

As we stop looking at eachother, we look around and we see everybody looking at us. He looks at me and holds my hand and we walk to class.

As he drops me to class, he seems a little sad."Oh hey, I wrote you this." I told him handing him my letter. He smiles and he pulls a letter from his pocket. It was wrapped around a white box. He grabbed my hand and squeezed it.

"Don't open the box until you finish school." he said.

"You mean until I graduate from high school." he replies.

"Ok." I say hugging him and I let him go. I enter class, and Sam and Lena are waiting for me to sit. I sit and open the letter.

Dear Luke,

Hope. That's what you showed me all the time I was with you. I know I wasn't a great boyfriend and all but I want you to know I tried. I never told you but I'm telling you now. The first time I saw you, I felt something for you. My heart vested fast and I followed you. It was lunch so obviously you sat in a table. You took out a journal and you plugged your earphones and you started to write. I sat two tables in front of you that day. Eventually your friends came to accompany you. I kept looking at you and I couldn't stop looking at your smile. You seemed so perfect to me.

But if you told me a few months back that the love of my life was in Texas I would've told you that your crazy. But now I know that it wasn't a mistake coming here. I met you. You are the best thing that's ever been mine Luke. Now the box, I had to pay 20 bucks. So you can have me with you forever. You can't open it until graduation. Take it as a graduation present.

Luke, if I dropped you to class, don't wait for me. I'm leaving to the airport right now. I might already be in the plane. But always know that I love you. Lu-" but I didn't finish reading it cause I had to see him. I ran out of the class and ran. Good thing my class was on the other side of the school. I ran through the hallways and there he was, walking to the main doors. "Walt!!!" I yelled. He turned around and saw me. I ran up to him and kissed him. "Never forget about me." I said.

"Never.". I looked at his clear brown eyes one last time and I cried. I kissed him one later time and I put my head in his chest. Then I whispered in his ear."I love you." and kissed him again and walked away, wiping my tears. I went back to class and I took a seat.

I unfolded the letter again and I finished reading it. " Luke, I couldn't have asked for someone better to love. So now that I'm moving I want you to know that I wont let you go. I still love you. I promise that I won't let you down. Well I guess this is goodbye. Love you Luke.

Sincerely,

Walt"

I folded it and I closed my eyes and I put my head down. Then I let everything go. My feelings and for the first time, I cry for the love of my life. I got my phone and I texted him.

Goodbye

And that very moment he texted.

Wait for me.

I smiled and I replied

Ill wait for as long as I have to.

And I locked my phone and started to think of the future. How long it will be without him. But ill wait. For as long as I need to.