Chapter 22

What could I do? I couldn't believe I just kissed Sam. I never expected to do that. Nor I don't know what got into me. I walked to my last class of the day. Sam was going to be there. I open the door and I notice him sitting in the back, with his head down. Good thing there was a seat next to him. I sit next to him, avoiding the stares of the obnoxious kids around me.

"Sam Hart. Please put your head up." The teacher said. He sighs and lifts his head up. He notices me sitting to him and he rapidly looks the other way. I take a pencil and a sheet of paper from my backpack and scribble something in it.

Can we talk?:c

I fold it and place it in his desk. He sees it and unfolds it. He reads it and grabs his pen and writes something in it. He folds it and gives it to me.

Sure but not right now. its too exposed.

I smile and I write in the note.

Greatc:

I fold it and give it to him. he reads it and he smiles and tears the sheet of paper and desposes of it easily. Im glad that he agreed to talk.

"ok class, grab a partner and a textbook and do numbers 1-19 on pages 431-432." the woman said. I grabbed a textbook from the shelf and Sam scooted his desk closer to mines.

"Hey Sam." I said awkwardly.

"Hey." he says.

"Look, about what happened a few hours ago, the kiss, I didn't mean anything about it. I just didn't know where it came from."

He chuckles and smiles at me. Gosh, he's kinda sexy. I bite my lip, him not noticing and he looks directly at me."Its ok. I understand. Besides, we're only friends right?" he says.

"Yea only friends." I smile.

"Great. So looking foward on hearing you on your solos."

"Thanks." I say.

We finish our work and we talk about our futures. To be honest, I was starting to like Sam more than just a friend. He knew. But I couldn't love him more. I didn't know what my future was after this. I don't think I was going to make it in the future. I didn't even think I'd make it to New York. But it was worth trying.

Sam said his mother and father wanted him to be a professional engineer. But he didn't want to do that. He loved writing. But his parents didn't approve of it. They said that it was absurd. He wanted to go to Miami, find a job there and then write his first book and publish it. I was glad he had his life all planned out. But as for me, was there really something I could do?. I just didn't know.

It was two more minutes till the bell rang. I packed up and zipped my backpack. The bell finally rang and I dropped Sam to the front of the school."Well, ill see you later." he said.

"Yea. See you tomorrow." I said and walked to the bus entrance.

I was walking in the cold winter air, my nose red as cherries. I walked through the school's student parking lot. God it was cold!!. I kept walking until....."Luke!!!." Yorky yelled from behind me. He never gives up, does he?. I turn around, not having no choice. He was coming towards me."Look, I'm done with you. What part don't you understand?. I don't lo-" but he pressed his lips into mines.

I pushed him off and I punched him the hardest I could." You sick bastard!!!" I yelled hitting him one more time."You are so cute when you try to be a bad boy." he said."Fuck you." I reply. I walk away from him not even wanting to turn around."Please, Luke." he says.

"Go to hell." I reply.

"What happened to the "He's the love of my life. I just don't want him to know yet." he said.

I stopped walking. He had recited the words from my journal."What?" I replied.

"I said 'what -" but I cut him off before he could finish.

"No....I know what you said. I meant what about it.?

"What happened to that?."

"Its long gone. You broke my heart. Now please leave me alone."

"I'm leaving in May. I want to fix things between us. Can we at least be friends?.". Friends. The words hurt me. I didn't want to lose him. He was my first love.

"You don't understand do you?" I reply.

"Yes, yes I do. You need someone better than me. So I'm letting you go."

"Ok. I suppose.". I couldn't say anything else. My heart beated fast and I couldn't say anything else.

"Goodbye then." he says.

"Yea. Goodbye." I told him. We stood quiet for a few seconds. I didn't want to let him go. My heart told me to. But there was nothing I could do. As he turned, there was something that told me "Stop him!!!" but I didn't let it get to me. I grabbed his hand and brought him close to me. I kissed him. You were my first true love. Always remember that." and I walk away.

My eyes started to get watery. I look up at the sky and tell to myself that sometimes, one isn't meant for the other. I guess me and Yorky werent meant for eachother. I keep walking and get in my bus, close my eyes, and let the tears fall and wait for a better day.

At home, I locked myself in my room, skipping dinner. I still couldn't believe what Yorky had said. It was like a rape, rewinding the frase over, and over, and over again in my head. Now I had to move on from Yorky. He had too. So why love someone who dosent love me back. I close my eyes and turn off my lamp and remember the days I had with Yorky. The days that once meant something for me. The ones erased from The story of my life.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hi guys. So guess what? I'm planning to finish this book before Christmas so that by Christmas morning, The new Sequel to A Day With Yorky would be updated. This one will be called 'A Week With Yorky'. I know it kinda has a similar name to the first one but I'm trying my best to make up names you know. BTW, guys, y'all haven't commented nor voted. Guys I'm not happy. So I guess Ima have to Hold the book. I need advice. ask me anything.any requests for the new sequel. Anything! !! Please. I want to know that someone at least likes this book. :c. Please guys. Vote or Comment. It really means a lot to me.