Chapter 29

"You'll be fine." Yorky says. Yea. its easy for you to say it. He opens the door for me and we both go in together. As I walk in, we get glares from everyone. I spotted Jay in the back of the living room. I quickly looked away."Luke!!You made it!!" yelled Yorky's mom."Yea I made it." I reply.

As I walk to her and hug her, I notice Kat, a friend of mine, well used to be, come in and sit next to Jay. Between Jay and Kat; things started as rumors. Soon we found out they weren't rumors. We stopped talking after that. Our friendship changed. She changed. So after that, all I heard of her was a lot of rumors saying that she slept with Jay like 11 times. They were true. People called her a slut after that. It was true. "Well everyone. Go take a seat and I'll be on my way to the table." Yorkys mom said. Everyone was walking to the diner room. But as I was walking, Yorky pulled me back."Why'd you do that?!" I said.

"We need to talk. Its kinda urgent." he replied.

"Ok. I'm listening."

"Luke.....I'm-" but his mother cut him off before he could finish.

"Walter!!!"she yelled,"Come bring poor Luke to the table."

"We'll talk later." I said.

The table was full there was only two seats available. One was next to Kat and the other one was next to a eerie man who I think was Yorkys uncle. So I chose to sit with Kat.

As we sit, we say our prayer and Yorkys mom starts to serve dinner. As soon as she was done, everyone started eating. I looked to my left and I saw Kat and Jay. Kat was eating. But Jay was kind of gazing at me once in a while. I look to my right and I see my Yorky, ready to get a spoonful of Chicken Alfredo. His mother looking at me, so I grabbed the fork and ate my first bite. There was an awkward silence between the whole table. Just then, the woman with beautiful black hair broke the silence.

"So...Is anyone going to introduce our two guests to us?" the woman said.

"Oh right! Mom this is Kat." Jay said. Mom? How did this beautiful woman have a whore for a son?

"And how about you?" she says looking at me.

"My name is Luke. Luke Morris. Nice to meet you." I said.

"Manners. That's what this boy has. Good manners. Your parents taught you well."

"Thank you mam. But only my mother."

"Where's your father?"

Yorky acts like he clears his throat and tries to save me."Auntie. That's personal."

"Walter, let him speak. I'm sure if he feels uncomfortable, he'll let me know."

"My mother left my father 10 years ago. He was abusive. So my mother ended her relationship with him."

Everyone was silent for a moment. It was starting to feel awkward. Just then Yorkys mom saves the conversation."So Walter says your in a choir. How's that?"

"Well..its pretty great. We're planning to travel out the state."

"Where to?" the woman asked.

"Possibly Washington or New York."

"Speaking of New York...I heard you spent the holidays over there with My sister and her son. How was that?" she asked.

"Amazing experience."

"Good. And what are you planning to do with your life?"

"I'm thinking of becoming a actor or an author."

"That's an amazing career."

"Thank you mam."

"How about you Walter?"

Yorky just got caught off guard. He wasn't in the conversation. It was kind of cute.

"Me?" he said in a worried tone.

"Yeah coz. What are you going to do with your life?" Jay said.

"I'm planning to be an engineer I think."

"You think?" his aunt said."Walter you got to plan your life."

"Yeah moms right." Jay said."After all, we're leaving next week to New York. We oughta start planning"

"What?!" me and Kat said at the same time.

"Yea. We're leaving early. Didn't Walt tell you?. Why wait till May?" Jay said. I'm pretty sure he did it on purpose.

I looked at Yorky who obviously seemed pretty mad at Jay."Is that true?" I asked him.

"Yea coz. I'm wondering what are you to "the love of your life." " Jay said.

I looked directly at Jay. I gave him a warn glare."Jay stop." Yorky warned.

"Why should I? Are you ashamed?"

"Your dating someone Walter?" his mother asked. Great. We're screwed.

"Yes mom I am." he said in a serious tone.

"Oh how fascinating!! When am I going to meet her!!!"

"Yea when is she?" Jay asked.

I was about to blow a fuse in that moment. But then Yorky said"Alright. Dinner is over. It was great having you here. Jay can I talk to you for a second? Alone." he said.

"Sure coz." and they went outside. There was an awkward silence between everyone. Kat looked at me. She ripped out a little paper from her bag and wrote something with her eye liner pencil. She then gave it to me. I unfolded it and my heart skipped a beat.

I Know.

Jay had told her. Just then the door opened and Jay and Yorky came in."Well it was nice having dinner with you so we'd better get going." Jay's mom said. The eerie man stood up and so did Kat. They all left without saying a word. So all that was left was Yorky, me, and his mother.

"Mom ill be back. I'm going to go drop Luke home." he says.

"Sure ok. I'm going to bed. I'm sorry about my sister by the way." she said.

"Its ok mam." I replied.

She nodded and left to her room."So u guess we need to talk." he said.

"You guess?"

************-*****************

During the ride, we didn't speak. He didn't know what to say. I didn't know what to say. He was leaving to New York next week. To be more specific, Monday morning. I didn't know what would happen after hed leave. "Are you worried?" he said.

"Why should I be?" I replied.

"You know why."

"I can't do anything about it Walt. You're leaving."

"I'm not letting you go that easy Luke."

"Maybe we should just go our seperate ways Walt."

"So your giving up?."

"I'm not saying that. I'm saying maybe all this happens for a reason."

"You're right."

"I don't want you to go."

"Babe, if I di leave I'm not letting you go. I don't care if we do a long distance relationship. I'm not letting you go. Understand."

I nodded. I looked out the window and looked out at the moon. Remembering the days me and Yorky had together. Those beautiful moments

"It's you and me vs the world huh?" I said and all he simply did was kiss me. Like he always did.