Chapter 23:February

~~~~~~~1 MONTH LATER~~~~~~~~~

It was 1 month after me and Walter left our relationship go and it seemed like things were going well. I had my grades on the top, The Spring Show was just around the corner, I had applied early to many Colleges, and my choir teacher wanted me to do a solo for Competitions. I really didn't like the idea but I didn't have no choice. Everything seemed to go good to be true. There was only one thing. I missed Yorky. I never wanted it to end this way. We had gone through a lot. But it is what it is.

I walk to class, late as usual, my hair messed up, my papers falling out of my binder, my backpack half open and my Starbucks coffee spilling in the floor. I was late to school in an important day. Me and my choir group were going on a important show today and I had to go. It was mandatory. I enter class and I spot Elena and Yorky sitting in the back. Mark sitting in the corner, Alex in the middle with a group of football guys, Zack in his phone in the left of his brother, Dave and Osmara flirting with eachother in the front, and Sam, minding his own buisness waiting for a sign of God.

I looked at Lena and smiled. She smiled back and I sat with Sam."You look like a mess." he says.

"Thank you for the compliment Sam." I say sarcastically.

"You're welcome. So, ready for today?." he says.

"Ready as I'll ever be."

"Good. Um I got you something." he says searching for something in his pocket."Its nothing great but, here."

He hands me a little box. It was black and it had a white bow on top. I opened it and it was a locket. I opened it and it showed Taylor Swift on the left and him on the right."Sam. I don't know what to say."

"You don't have to say anything."

I hug him and won't let him go."Thank you so much."

"He chuckles and replies to me."You're welcome."

I noticed Lena looking at me from the back, Smiling. Then I see Yorky next to her, but he dosent like the idea of me touching Sam. I knew he wasn't over me. Lena told me so. To be Frank, I'm not over him either. But its life. I see him raise his hand and he asks to go to the restroom. The teacher says yes and he steps out immediately.

"Luke?" Sam says trying to get my attention.

"Oh, sorry. You were saying?."

"When are you leaving?" he asks again.

"In a couple of minutes. Someone is going to take me out of class. Then I'll leave."

"So you're leaving me here?"

"Don't worry Sam. You have Osmara, Dave and Lena. You'll be ok. Besides, ill be back before school ends ok?" I reply.

"Ok. I guess."

The door opens and Carrie skims around the room until she sees me. She smiles and asks the teacher for me."Oh ok. Luke, you're leaving." the teacher says. I grab my stuff and I look back at Sam, who's making a puppy face. I smile at him and walk out of the class."Wait for me here. I have to go to the restroom." Carrie says."Sure no problem." I said. I text Sam and I lock my phone. Then all of a sudden, I felt someone grab my waist. I quickly move and turn around. It was Yorky.

"Sorry didn't mean to startle you." he said laughing.

"What are you doing?" I asked rudely.

"I came to wish you the best of luck. I hope you get good reviews."

"Thanks."

I look at his eyes for a moment and remember the day I first met him. His eyes got my attention. He was getting close to me and I was getting close to me when.....

"Luke, let's go." Carrie said coming out of the restroom.

I react and move away from him."I......I have to go." I said.

"Yea. Ok. Bye. Good Luck again." he said.

"Thank you." and I walk with Carrie next to me. God what was happening to me?.

As I get in my bus, I wonder, what if there's a chance for me and him.....no...why am I thinking? I'm over it. I can't just fall for him again. I have a big life ahead of me. The bus drives and I pray for two things. To do well in the competition and to survive the year with Yorky.