Superman

AU: Kids AU

"I won't let anyone hurt you, okay? I'll be your superman. I'm your superman."

(Just to let you guys know, Joe is 10 and Caspar is 8. Joe is tall in this one while Caspar is short.)

-

Joe's been all over the place, fixing his room, arranging his toys, sorting out his pillows and cleaning himself up. His bestfriend, Caspar, is coming over for a sleepover again. This excites the young lad more and more because spending time and the whole night with his best buddy is always great. Joe wants everything to turn out the way it is. Sure they are going to have a ton of fun; unstoppable banters, crazy shenanigans, sneaky midnight snacks, yet, he wants it to be just fine and after all it's his bestfriend and visitor so, of course, he's putting extra effort to make it comfortable and homey.

The doorbell rang then immediately Joe got up on his feet and went down the stairs, excitement bubbling all over his body. His mother, Tracy opened it and is now talking with Caspar's mother, Emily. Caspar is there standing beside his mother, He is wearing his favorite dinosaur jumper with red pajama bottoms, rucksack hanging on to his shoulders.

Joe's blue eyes lit up as they both caught each other's gazes. Caspar grinned at his best friend, running to him with his arms wide open to hug Joe. Joe did the same and ran to Caspar, his arms wide open to let his South African best friend be enveloped with a big hug.

"Jojo!" Caspar yelled in excitement.

"Caspy." Joe chuckled as he hug Caspar tightly.

Both Tracy and Emily awed at the sight. "I'm sure, they are going to have a great time." Emily said, her attention back to Tracy. "Oh, they will, as always. Joe has been cleaning and fussing all around to keep this place as tidy as possible." Tracy said. Both mothers chuckled. "So, Caspar, I'm gonna pick you up tomorrow, yeah?" Emily said, softly. "Yes, mum." "Don't be too restless for tita Tracy, okay?" "Yes, mum." Caspar chuckled as well as Tracy. "Have a good night you two and sleep early." Caspar glanced at Joe and both gave each other a cheeky smile. "Oh, well, I'll see you tomorrow Tracy." Emily smiled. "See you tomorrow." Tracy closes the door.

"I'm gonna play with Caspar, mum!" Joe said, grabbing Caspar by his hand, dragging him up the stairs. "Alright, don't get too messy boys!" Tracy yelled as she sighed, shaking her head with a smile on her face.

"What do you want to do Caspy?" Joe asked, patting his side to indicate Caspar must sit. "Anything, really." Caspar said, giving a cute smile. Joe just sighed, a smile plastered on his face. He just stared at Caspar, then suddenly he got up and rummages around the chest box filled with toys. "How about... Superman-" "Versus dinosaurs!" Caspar shouted, the excitement evident as he jump on his seat. "You and your dinosaurs." Joe laughed, lightly.

"ROAR!!!" They both laugh loudly. Playing the game that they came up with. Exchanging different weird antics and words that a room full of people would be left astonished and weirded. If that even happens, it won't matter to them, as long as they have a good time and are together, it's enough. They both knew that. Laughing loudly like no one can literally hear them, like it's an endless night of fun. But in all seriousness it's an endless fun with them.

"I actually brought something, hang on." Caspar said, standing up as he get his rucksack and opened it. He handed a box of chocolates to Joe. "I know, you love to eat chocolates and sometimes your mum won't buy it for you, so I begged my mum to buy one for you." Caspar said, feeling proud of himself. Joe is in shock, opening the box of chocolates carefully like it's gonna break any moment. "Caspar... wow. Thank you." Joe said, grinning at Caspar. "Well, it's the least thing I could do."

After their play time. They just sat and stuffed their faces with chocolates, laughing every now and then. Joe actually thought about an idea to surprise Caspar. So he got up and said, "I have something to show you, just wait." "Okay." Caspar replied.

Joe got in to the C.R., laughing to himself. He put on a hideous clown mask and checked himself in the mirror. He carefully and slowly got out of the C.R., creeping to the switch. Then he turned it off.

A gasp has been out of Caspar's mouth. The whole room is dark but there's a bit of moonlight from the window through the curtains. Yet Caspar's vision is different. For him it was a horrific view, shadows of things are everywhere. The thought of a hand creeping under the bed, a face that would just appear right in front of him, a whisper that is dark and low, blood that could just leak anywhere, a dead body that could lay beside him are enough to give shivers and goosebumps, to make his heart rate up and to make him terrified. Caspar's eyes brim with tears as he tries to calm himself. Breathing and breathing out. His body is trembling as he choked out "Joe-"

Joe came out of nowhere and made one horrific sound. Caspar immediately curled up into ball and held on to himself tightly and securely. He let out a strangled sob as he spoke out, "P-please don't h-hurt m-me."

Joe's heart broke and he got the mask off. Joe's face is drawn with worry as he quickly turn the lamp on. He scrambled to sit in front of Caspar and then gently touch his arm as he said, "Hey, hey, shhh... Jojo is here." Caspar is still crying. Joe hugs Caspar as tight and as gentle as he could. "C-Casp I'm s-sorry, I'm r-really sorry. S-so sorry." Joe stuttered, still hugging Caspar. "P-please don't hurt me." Caspar whispered, voice broken. Joe tightens his grip in a gentle way. "I won't let anyone hurt you, okay? I'll be your superman. I'm your superman."

They stayed like that for a few minutes. Caspar calmed a bit and sat down properly, out from Joe's embrace. His tear-stained face and puffy red eyes are evident. Joe could feel his eyes brimming with tears with just that sight of Caspar, broken and terrified. He cupped Caspar's cheeks and caressed it gently. "I'm sorry. I'm so sorry. I am such an idiot." Joe said, tears leaking already. "No you're not an idiot." Caspar said, voice firm yet gentle. "I scared you and made you cry and- I'm an-" "No, you are not. You're my superman." Caspar said, softly, his smile warm and kind. Joe could feel butterflies in his stomach and a blush creeping its way on his cheeks. "Yeah, I'm your superman." Joe said smiling. Caspar grinned then gently tackle him down, hugging Joe's torso.

Both boys snuggled up together, getting closer and cozier. Caspar's head on Joe chest. Joe's left hand at the back of Caspar's, circling around different patterns. They stayed like that while staring at the ceiling, feeling happy and contented.

-

Because KIDS AU warms my heart. Jaspar as kids just warms heart. Soooo yeah I've been gone for like a week and .... Days. Im sorry but finally I've updated!!! I got this idea in mind though but I don't know if this would work... so i'm still thinking whether I could do this or not because seriously I want to. But like I don't know... so im lost. Yay!

KJ xx