Chapter 15

Shane's POV
"Roy do you know where I put the dogs' new bed? I can find the PetSmart bag." I shouted, wondering around in a state of confusion. I grabbed the camera and decided to start vlogging, hoping it would pop back into my brain later.
"Did you check the car a second time? Maybe you left it in there." He replied from the bedroom.
"I'll look. Well, hello everyone. Long time no see. I mean for you guys it doesn't seem like that long but it's been like 2 weeks since we've filmed. Anyways tomorrow is the season 7 crowning, which is very bittersweet." I explained while opening the car and look for the bag.
"There it is!" I exclaimed thrilled that I hadn't left the bed in the parking lot.
"I'd misplaced the dogs' new bed. Ok back on track. Bittersweet. Because everyone's very excited about a new winner, but everyone is also so in love with the current winner. I personally don't really have any connections with the current top 3, so I'm not really rooting for anyone. I've met Violet once, but only briefly. And the other only in passing, so I'm pretty indifferent about the whole situation." I rambled while opening the door and reentering the house.
"Found it." I told Roy as I walked through the living room and into the bedroom.
"Good." He said pulling me into a hug. Within the past few days he had been very affectionately needy.
"What's up with all the love?" I giggled while squeezing him tightly.
"What? You're acting likely I'm not affectionate." He fake whined in my ear still hugging me. I unwrapped myself and looked at him.
"No. I know you're a very affectionate person. Surprisingly. But you just seem...I don't know in need of affectionate." I chuckled looking as his sad face.
"Are you sad that your reign is coming to an end?" I teased at him.
"Shut up. It's not about that. I'm feeling off. Like, it still hasn't sunken in that there will be a new queen and that a whole year has passed. I guess you could say I'm feeling...philosophical." He smirked after his deep comment.
"Ok before I comment on that comment, let me explain Roy and I's word game. So basically the whole point is to see who can add the most uncommon vocabulary terms into everyday language. Philosophical is a solid point." I continued, wrapping an arm around Roy's shoulders.
"One? Really?" He questioned my judgement.
"Early today I said ludicrous and I only got one." I quipped.
"You're right. Anyways, I would be lying if I said I wasn't feeling a little down." Roy admitted.
"Aw baby. Everything will be fine. And honestly probably better, because now you have time to be booked for your shows and don't have to worry about the title jobs." I tried comforting him.
"You're right. And I'm not trying to discredit the incredible experience I've had, but it's a bit weird. I don't know how to explain, but if you ask previous winners they'll know exactly what I'm talking about." Roy assured.
"I can't relate." I faked a sad face, but then broke it when Roy started laughing.
"Well maybe on All Stars 2." Roy joked.
"Ru blocked me on Twitter. I highly doubt I'll be getting a called." I cackled at the thought.
"And I just think it'd be weird without you and Danny. I'd feel very alone." I continued as Roy and I entered our drag room.
"Danny brought that up when he was discussing it with Joslyn and I." Roy replied while opening drawers full of jewelry.
"Yeah I'd feel weird about it. Anyways tomorrow is the night. Could we get a look sneak peak?" I coaxed Roy.
"I can show you the color of my hair." Roy gave in.
"What's so special..." I was about to question when Roy pulled out a bright green updo of sorts.
"Never mind." I laughed showing the camera.
"Yeah not your typical Bianca brown or blonde." He giggle, placing the wig back where it belonged.
"Look at you. Changing it up." I laughed while kissing his cheek.
"Just because the hair is changed doesn't mean there will be a new style of dress. You know I always love a good boatneck." He joked ticking my side.
"Stop. I'm Australian, that's what we call it." I stated out of breath from being attacked.
"'I'm Australian' seems to be a go to excuse." Roy looked at me with side eye.
"You're so fucking shady." I said slightly shoving him. Roy just shrugged his shoulders.
"Can't help it."
"So, that's where we stand on that topic. Were flying out tonight to get to New York for the crowning tomorrow. We'll catch with y'all later."I tried ending the clip.
"Y'all? Now she's from Texas. She's no longer Australian y'all." Roy jokingly made fun of me.
"Fine. Good day mates." I jokingly said with the thickest of Australian accents.
"There you go." Roy laughed while hugging me from behind and kissing my cheek.
"Rascist." I faked a serious face.
"Oh my god." We both bursted out laughing as I ended the clip.
"You're so stupid." I laughed as I attacked Roy with kisses.
*
"You ready?" I heard Roy now Bianca call from the door.
"Yeah I'm coming." I grabbed my things and started another segment for the vlog.
"Court cam. Court cam." I announced, slightly shoving the camera in Bianca's, purposefully being annoying.
"Can you not?" B faked an annoyed face and gave me severe side eye.
"I'm trying something new." I laughed earning and smile from Bianca.
"That's definitely not gonna work. Are you ready? I've been standing here for 10 minutes waiting for you." Bianca stated heading out of the hotel room and towards the elevator.
"Ok so Bianca tell us how you're feeling?" I faked being an interviewer. Bianca gave a me an 'are you serious?' look.
"Um... I feeling pretty normal. I don't know. I'm rooting for Ginger, because she's southern." Bianca answered.
"Violet is southern too." I giggled knowing that Violet wasn't Bianca's favorite person.
"Really?!" Bianca's look of shock cracked me up.
"Yeah she from Atlanta." I stated.
"No! What? But she's so high fashion." Bianca was dumbfounded.
"Yeah she's like FROM Atlanta. She was born there and everything." I was still laughing at how shocked she was.
"Wow. I'm shocked." Bianca stifled through her laughter.
"I can tell."
"Well...I'm not rooting for anyone. Just let me keep the fucking title." Bianca laughed as we got into a cab.
"Agreed." I giggled.
"But really is there anything you want to say? Last minute thoughts? Advice for the up and coming?" I questioned.
"Don't do it. It's a trap." Bianca said with a straight face that cracked into a smile.
"Shut up. You love it." I laughed.
"Yes. Of course. I've had a great ride. Thank you to everyone who's supported me, gone to my shows, and/or made really funny memes about me. I really appreciate all of the love. As for advice, don't be a douche and appreciate every second because it's going to be over before you know it." Bianca said sincerely.
"So sweet." I said intertwining our fingers.
"It comes it a few times a year." Bianca laughed. The cab pulled over and we got out. We entered the loud club and heard tons of fans screaming. We were directed onto the red carpet for pictures. We quickly ran to the bathroom for touch ups.
"Show us what your wearing." I told Bianca as she powdered her face. She turned showing the black and green dress.
"You?" She grabbed the camera and showed me. I was wearing the simplest of black dresses but wore a bright green pump to match Bianca.
"Look at us green and black like the wicked witch or something." I suggested straightening myself out.
"Jinkx is dressed like fucking Glinda so you can only imagine the comments and jokes in store." Bianca explained leading the way out of the bathroom.
"Can't wait." I said excitedly, ending the clip.
We were directed onto the red carpet to take photos. It's rare that Bianca and I take photos together like this. It's been a while since our schedules have synced up. After our photos together, we were separated to take photos with other people. I was placed with Katya and Trixie while Bianca was with Jinkx and Lady Bunny. Hearing the cackles coming from their directions made my heart warm and caused me to smile brightly.
*
After photos, Bianca and I were escorted backstage, to a sitting area feet away from the stage. We sat down with some of the season 7 queens.
"Bonnie Del Rico!" Katya screeched, greeting us with hugs. I laughed at her actual craziness.
"Katya Disease. How lovely to see you." Bianca joked earning Katya's infamous breathless laugh.
"I hate you." Katya said between laughs.
"The feelings mutual." Bianca laughed in return.
"And Courtney. How's your transition going?" Katya joked at me. I was definitely looking extra womanly.
"It's going great." I stated in an extra deep voice, which caused Bianca to loose it.
"Oh my god." B tried to get out between her laughter spell.
"I love it." Trixie said after laughing.
"How are you both?" I coughed and switched back to my regular Courtney voice.
"Great. Now." They both played off each other.
"What team are you guys?" Bianca asked curiously considering neither of us cared.
"I don't know. They're all kinda boring in my opinion." Katya said truthfully.
"I mean I'm team Pearl cause I kinda looped myself into that so..." Trixie explained faking regret.
"Yeah we are very indifferent. I personally have gotten to know any of them." I continued the conversation.
"There is no difference between knowing Pearl and not knowing her." Trixie quipped causing all of us to laugh.
"We'll see, I guess." Bianca said as she was called to start the show. I stood up and walked toward the entrance to the stage where Bianca was standing.
"Good luck." I said soothingly, rubbing her back. Seeing Roy so off about tonight hurt my heart, so I was trying my best to comfort him.
"Thank you." Bianca turned around facing me.
"You're welcome." I said genuinely, squeezing her hand.
"Please welcome to the stage, Bianca Del Rio!" The announcer introduced B as she walked on stage. Normally I would go back and talk with the other queens but something told me I needed to sit and watch by the entrance. I felt like Bianca/Roy needed it. Before the stage lights came on Bianca looked back in my direction seeming extremely anxious. I gave the motions of deeps breaths, thumbs up, and air kisses hoping it would calm the nerves. She took some breaths looking at me lovingly. The lights came on.
"How the fuck you doing?" There she is I thought to myself as Bianca started the show.
*
Bianca and I were sitting next to each other watching the finale, waiting for the big announcement. The moment that Bianca walked on stage with that silver look the crowd that was watching with us freaked the fuck out. All you could hear was silence and then screams and whistle. I nudged Bianca as we were sat close to one another.
"Told you they would loose their shit." I laughed nuzzling next to her.
"I would hope so it took forever to get that glitter off." She laughed, reminiscing the moment of us in the bathroom scrubbing away.
"We were up so late." I giggled.
"The time has come..." We heard the infamous words and it fell silent. Bianca squeezed my hand, clearly still slightly nervous.
"America's Next Drag Superstar is..." This anticipation is completely unnecessary.
"Violet Chachki." Ru stated in what I detected as a somber tone. I started laughing to myself at the thought of Ru having to pick one at random because none of them out shined the others.
"What?" Bianca asked finally relieved.
"Ru sounded a little sad. Did she not?" I was still laughing to myself.
"Can you blame her?" Bianca shook her head and laughed at my accusation. She stood up and headed back on stage to crown Violet once she finally made it here.
"What are you doing?" I asked in reaction to her bringing me with her.
"You're coming with me." She said as if it was obvious.
"No. I'm not apart of this." I said standing back.
"Yes you are." I just shook my head and stood at the edge of the entrance.
"I'll show you." She walked on stage gaining applause.
"Ok that's enough. You're cutting into my drinking time. Violet is on her way. She'll be here eventually, but while we wait I have to entertain you all." Applause erupted again.
"So, I had a thought. Why don't I bring out Courtney for you all?..." She explained but got interrupted by applause. She smirked at me knowingly. I just rolled my eyes.
"But she insisted it wasn't her place to come on stage. Now who wants Courtney to come out here?" She asked and the crowd roared. She walked back off stage grabbing me and practically dragging me on stage.
"I hate you." I laughed as I walked on stage.
"I love you too. See." The crowd was cheering Courtney. I took the mic from Bianca.
"Ok. Ok. Thank you. Now this idiot over here thinks she's so funny. Forcing me on stage, even though I have no place being here considering I came in 3rd place last year." I laughed as well as the crowd. Bianca took the mic back.
"Just because you didn't win, doesn't mean you're not wanted." Bianca stated simply and sincerely. This sentence cause the crowd to applaud more. I looked at B lovingly. Somehow she always knew what to say. Recently I'd been feeling very down about my job. I loved it, but I didn't know if the fans still liked me. I was in a very questioning state.
"Well I mean I'm no Alyssa Edwards, but I do appreciate the love." I handed Bianca the microphone and stood back.
"No one compares to you in my opinion, but enough with the sappy bullshit..." Bianca was interrupted by the crowd awing.
"Yeah yeah I have a heart. Get over it." We both laughed.
"Now I see Violet over there in the wing so let's get this shit rolling. Please welcome America's Next Drag Superstar Violet Chachki!" She introduced Violet and stepped aside grabbing the crown and scepter. She walked back over towards me.
"Jinkx had an emergency, so your gonna have to help me." She handed me the scepter.
"I'm definitely not qualified for this." I said confused as to why I was helping.
"Court it's a drag competition. A squirrel is qualified. Stop treating yourself like this. You're amazing and so many people love you. And I love you so deeply, why can't you give yourself so credit." Bianca looked into my eyes sincerely.
"I'm sorry. I've just been feeling not that great about myself recently." I shrugged trying my best to not look upset.
"We can talk after this ok. Let's do it."
"Ok so sadly Rupaul could not be here so I have to do this." Bianca laughed as the stage hands brought the giant check. I handed Violet the scepter and Bianca placed the crown on her head. Violet walked around with crown enjoying the praise. Bianca brought my hand to her lips and kissed it lightly knowing I needed attention but couldn't exactly get it at the moment.
"I love you." I whispered trying not to draw attention.
"I love you too."
Bianca handed Violet the mic, letting her complete her acceptance speech.
"I have one thing to say... COME THROUGH!!!" The crowd cheered and Bianca and I laughed. Violet handed back the microphone to B so she could wrap up the show.
"Well, another year another winner. Congratulations Violet." She slightly bowed knowing it's what she had to do.
"It's been a real pleasure to spend the evening with all of you. Thanks for being such a great crowd. Now let's gets fucked up!!" Bianca ended, the lights slightly dimming.
*
"You wanna talk?" Roy asked after we were both out of drag.
"I don't know what's going on with me. I'm feeling very useless...I guess. I just feel like I'm not really liked anymore." I shrugged sitting down on the hotel bed.
"I understand. I've been feeling very fearful of that recently. I'm afraid that fans are going to be done with me now." Roy explained clearly feeling similarly to me.
"Fans will always love you. You're funny and kind hearted. You're the perfect combo." I felt tears prick my eyes. Clearly this was bothering me more than I thought.
"I'm far from perfect. And the fans have no reason to not love you. You're energetic and sweet." Roy took my hands in his.
"And you know what even if we both have a few less fans, look what has come from this experience. Even if it all ends tomorrow, I wouldn't have one single regret." He pondered rubbing my hands soothingly.
"Me neither." I said softly thinking of all the things we've done in the past year.
"And let's be honest the season 7 cast isn't that threatening. I don't think we have a reason to worry." Bianca joked.
"I can't with you." I laughed at his mood lightening comment.
"What?" He chuckled.
"I love you." I continued laughing as I tackled him in a hug.
"I love you too." He stated after laughing and began tickling me. Saying that I was feeling better was an understatement.