Chapter 5

Drag Race is about to be over which is unbelievable to me, and we have to leave for LA in a couple of days for the reunion filming. Stupid us scheduled painters to come 2 days before we leave cause we have "plenty" of time. Right?
"Hey guys. So basically Roy and I have screwed ourselves over. We have to leave for the reunion filming in 2 days and we have painters coming this afternoon to paint our house, because apparently we thought that was a good idea!" I said clearly flustered and stressed.
"I told you that was cutting things close, but you were like 'No. No. No. My parents are coming for the crowning I want our house to look nice and shit. And by the way I don't know if the week before the crowning is the best time for your parents to come stay with us. Just saying." Roy said rushing around the house quickly moving things around before the people came. I headed into the living room where Roy had been some what shouting from.
"What? You've met them before and they absolutely love you. There's nothing to be worried about." I said walking over to him and rubbing his back. It's very unusual for him to be the flustered one in the relationship. I'm normally the one always on edge.
"Yeah, but that doesn't mean I don't want to impress them and make sure everything's perfect." He said breathing stressfully.
"Hey look at me. Everything will be fine." I said looking at him and breathing in and out over exaggeratedly.
"You're right. You're right. Will you go grab the vacuum really quickly." He asked clearly stressed but trying to convince me otherwise. I turned off the camera and grabbed the vacuum.
"Can you vacuum while I go pick up the paint we ordered?" He asked heading towards the door.
"Absolutely." I said in my best Gia Gunn impression.
"I love you bye." He said laughing and heading out the door.
"Love you too." I said as he walked out.
********
Roy's POV
"Hey guys it's Roy. I know this is weird for me to be filming, but Shane keeps slyly asking me to do it all the time so why not? Whatever makes him happy. So I'm going to pick up the paint order that came in and I need to get some other stuff for the house, because I'm that type of person. So I catch up with you in a bit." I said starting the car and turning the camera off.
"We are here at the place I get my makeup! Home Depot." I said jokingly showing the sign.
"So like we explained we are painting the house because the walls are still white from when we moved in and that's so not us. But we really didn't think through on the decision of when we were hiring the painters. I guess if we look at its good thing cause we won't have to worry about it while we're in LA. Any ways we decided to paint the walls a brownish color and a light blue because thats the theme of our decor. Look at the vocabulary, I sound like a rich white women. So let's go." I explained facing the camera forward to show what I see. I grabbed the paint and headed to the isles.
"Best coverage around" I said showing some random paint brand.
"Ok so we need paint check. F*ck I don't remember hold on let me call Shane." I said grabbing the phone from my pocket.
"Hey babe what did we need for the house again. I was in a rush and completely blanked.
"I got the paint."
S:"We need a drill so we can put together that thing for the porch and we need a measuring tape. I guess we've never needed one weird, and by the way did you happen to see where I put the camera? I can't find it." Shane replied.
"No I didn't see it. Check the bathroom. You always randomly take stuff in and out of rooms." I said smiling at the camera.
"Maybe I'll check. Love you bye." Shane said sounding confused.
"Love you too. Bye." I said hanging up the phone and laughing at myself.
"Ok so we need a drill and a measuring tape." I said to the camera walking the isles and grabbing the things I needed and checking out.
"Ok so got the stuff I'm gonna run through Starbucks because today's going to be a long one." I explained placing the camera by the steering wheel to show me driving. Clearly I was born to be camera man.
"Yeah hi. Can I get to iced coffees? One with soy milk and one with skim. Double shot of expresso for both please. Thank you."
"Shane and his veganness." I said laughing to myself. I proceeded to pull up to the window to see a suddenly excited younger woman. I rolled my window down again with a smile on my face and ready to pay.
"Oh my god. You're Bianca Del Rio! From Rupaul's Drag Race!" The cashier said full of excitement.
"I am. How are you?" I asked still smiling.
"Great! Now." The girl replied grabbing my credit card and scanning my order.
"Could I got a real quick picture?" The girl asked giving me my card and holding her phone.
"Sure." I said posing as she held up the phone.
"Great to see you! Have a good day!" She said after snapping several pictures.
"Thank you. You too." I replied pulling to the next window and grabbing the drinks.
"The power of television. It blows my mind every day." I said reminiscing in my thoughts I drove out of the parking lot.
"Honestly it's amazing. And I know I say it a lot in interviews, but for someone like me being recognised on the street hasn't ever crossed my mind until Drag Race. And knowing that people that don't even know you care about you is really cool. Any ways let's head home shall we." I said finishing my thoughts and diving home.
"This should be fun." I said pulling into the driveway and grabbing the bags, drinks, and camera.
"Ok so as I walk in I'm going to pretend to be randomly talking to you guys. His reaction should be entertaining."
"So yeah that's what's been going on..." I continued as I walked in the door.
"Hey honey. I'm home." Said continue holding the camera as I hear foot steps and dog paws scurry against the floor.
"Hey babe. The painters called saying they will be here in 5... And what are you doing with the camera?" Shane replied normally than a smile grew on his face.
"I guess there's this thing called vlogging. Don't know if you've heard of it can't imagine you do it everyday or anything. But this guy I really like does it so I thought I'd try it out." I said sarcastically.
"Oh my god. Yeah!" Shane said excitedly hugging me.
"You're talking about me right?" He said laughing.
"No the f*cking dogs. Yes you. You idiot." I replied kissing his head.
*******************
Shane's POV
Seeing Roy putting an effort towards something I love doing that's not drag relate is really sweet. I didn't think he would be into but I guess I was wrong.
"Hey. I really love you." I said hugging Roy from behind as he cleaned some dishes. The painters have just left and the walls look great.
"I love you too." He replied turning around.
"I appreciate you trying the whole YouTube thing." I said kissing him lightly.
"If it makes you happy I'll do whatever." He said brushing his lips against mine.
"The walls look great. Don't you think?" Roy said gesturing towards the living room.
"Yeah they look amazing." I tried to answer but as I turned back around I was greeted with bubbles in my face.
"Roy!" I exclaimed with a mixture of laughing and yelling."
"What?" He asked trying to act innocent.
"Don't what me." I laughed grabbing bubbles from the sink and shoving them in Roy's face. Receiving a bubbles back that were covering his face. I was captured by the soft pillows I loved so much. Even the horrible taste of soap couldn't stop me from kissing Roy. Suddenly we heard the door bell ring.
"What the f*ck?" Roy whispered against my face. Both of us were confused considering the fact that tomorrow we were leaving for LA and we weren't expecting anyone.
"Well let's go answer it I guess." I whispered back. Then we heard yelling through the door.
"Shaney? You in there?" Oh god I knew that voice.
"Is it your parents?" Roy asked with a look of horror on his face.
"Yep." I said completely horrified considering there was no way we were ready for them yet.
"Oh god. What are we gonna do the walls are still wet and we have to pack?!" Roy whisper yelled.
"I could convince them to stay in a hotel or something?" I said walking to the door with Roy. I prepped myself, gave a Roy a light kiss, and proceed to open the door which only had small windows that were covered by curtains.
"Hey Mum and Dad!" I said pretending to be filled with excitement.
"You said you weren't coming until after the reunion filming?" I asked still with a smile on my face.
"We decided to surprise you and come early!" my mother exclaimed hugging me tightly.
"Well that's great but we are super busy and we still have to pack and the house is a mess." I rambled hoping to convince them to leave.
"Hello Roy!" My mother exclaimed completely ignoring me and bringing Roy into a bear hug as well.
"Hello Martha!" Roy exclaimed hugging my mom back. He so sweet I can't handle it sometimes.
"Mum did you hear me?" I asked tapping her shoulder. Realizing I still haven't heard from my dad. He's normally quiet so I let it be.
"What sweetie?" She asked turning around.
"I said that we are really busy is there any way you guys could stay somewhere else?" I asked slyly.
"Sweetheart, I might seem like I'm dumb but I'm not that stupid. I'm not going to barge into your house and crash here. You know better than that and I don't want to interrupt whatever is going on here." She said looking at me and Roy who were still covered in bubbles.
"Well... Um... Yeah..." I said stuttering and looking at Roy terrified. He had a huge smile on his face for some odd reason.
"Yeah I got. So me and your father just stopped to say hi. So we will be on our way." She said making her way out of the house. I felt a weight lifted off my shoulders as she headed towards their rental car.
"Hello son." My dad finally spoke up pulling me into a hug.
"Hi dad." I said sighing as we hugged.
"Roy." My dad said with a smile pulling him into a hug as well.
"Oliver, how you holding up?" Roy replied laughing and getting a laugh in response.
"I'm holding that's for sure." My dad laughed as he replied.
"Well I'm glad you both came by." I said after they were done talking.
"Well your mother insisted on stopping by."
"I figured. Well we will see you tomorrow in LA. I'm assuming you came early to go to the taping right?" I asked.
"No. No. We are just going to site see while you both are filming." He replied.
"Oh ok well we will see you soon." I said hugging him again.
"Most defiantly. See you Roy." He said hugging him briefly.
"See you sir." Roy replied.
"Shane can I talk to you for a second outside?" My father whispered to me as he pulled away.
"Hey Roy could you go put the dishes away real quickly while I go say a final goodbye to my mom?" I asked.
"Yeah sure tell her I said goodbye as well." He said heading to the kitchen.
"I will." I responded while I headed out the door.
"What's up dad?" I asked a little concerned.
"It's nothing bad. I just wanted to tell you that I really like Roy. I think he the perfect guy for you Shane. I see how you look at each other and those looks are those of true love. And I know that you are a worrier so I'm telling you that I approve 100%." My dad said sincerely.
"Yeah Roy is different then any other boyfriend I've had. Did you feel that same about mum? Like its a completely different feeling when you meet the right one?" I asked getting slightly teared up by my dads kind words.
"Yep. It's a weird feeling. There's no way to not be happy around them. And when your separated it hurts like hell, but when you're with them it's like heaven." He said looking to the car where my mom was on her phone.
"That's exactly what I feel. I can see a future with him and I wanted what I see." I replied.
"I wouldn't want you will anyone else. The way he treats your mother it's absolutely amazing and he's so kind to everyone. You've found yourself a keeper, Shane." He said wrapping up our short conversation.
"I have." I replied looking into the house.
"Well I'll see you son. I'll tell your mother Roy said goodbye." He said as he walked towards the car.
"Thanks dad love you." I replied as I walked to the house.
"Love you too."
*****************
A/N: Sorry for not being consistent with uploading I've been struggling with a little bit of writer's block. Hope you all are enjoy so far. Feed back is always welcome.