Chapter 3

So after Roy and I had come out as a couple the internet literally exploded. It was absolutely adorable all the cute edits everyone made of us. There was a little hate from the biadore shippers, but nothing too major considering Adore tweeted several times how happy she was for us and for her fans to stop the hate. We have been getting plenty of gifts from meet and greets with our pictures on it. Fans have been making shirts and painting picture of us as a couple that we obviously have decorated our house with. The shirts have gotten their fair share of use as well. I also got an overwhelming amount of requested for me to start vlogging, so it has become a thing. I vlog pretty daily and it seems to be a huge hit.
********************************
"Hey guys!" I whispered excitedly as I turned on my camera to start another vlog. It has become routine at this point.
"So welcome to another Courtney Chronicles." I also came up with a great name. I mean common everyone loves a good alliteration.
"I'm whispering because Roy is still sleeping and we were out late last night. We spent all night at the bar Bianca used to work at before drag race. It's called the Ritz for those who don't know. If your ever in New York defiantly check it out. They are so nice and welcoming there, you guys will have a great time. Anyways everyday I wake up before Roy, because I'm the early riser of the family. The dogs sleep all day long. And if I don't wake Roy he will too. But yeah it's quite an entertaining experience waking him up. He is so not a morning person, so you guys could imagine how funny it is. So I decided to give you all a little piece of freshly woken Roy, for you viewing pleasure. Let's go. Right now it's 10:00 and I normally am up at 8:30-9:00 ish. This is when I usually try to wake him up." I flipped the camera to show my feet as I walked to our bedroom. The theme was a very basic combo of brown and little blue but it worked for us. I got the door and flipped the camera to show my face again.
"Ok so turning on the light rarely works but who knows?" I keep the camera on my face and open the door to see Roy fast asleep under the comfortable looking covers. I show myself flipping on the light switch.
"Roy... It's time to get up." I loudly whisper as I make my way to the bed.
"Like I said never works." I said as I flipped the camera to show him still dead asleep.
"I think I'm gonna set you guys somewhere... dresser perfect." I lightly exclaimed as I took the camera and set it up to face the bed.
"This isn't what it looks like guys." I said laughing as quietly as possible.
"Ok anyways normally I turn on the light and start talking to see if he wakes like you guys just saw it doesn't really work. So then I kinda wing it depending on how nice I feel. Today I feel mischievous so I think we will get loud sounds involved. I might get in trouble from the landlord, but I feel rebellious so let's do it."
I explained grabbing my phone. I pulled up an blow horn app I downloaded and showed the camera trying desperately to hold in my laughter. I showed myself press the button.
"Beeeepppp!!!" My phone yelped and seeing Roy literally jump cracked me up.
"What the hell?!!!" Roy exclaimed. I couldn't reply because I was dying of laughter. I grabbed the camera and made my way back over to Roy.
"Shane what are you doing?!" Roy yelled at me.
"I was waking you up babe." I said innocently after controlling my laughter.
"Oh really?"
"Shane the scared my so bad." Roy replied with a hand on his chest.
"I'm sorry baby." I apologized by kissing his neck lovingly.
"Yeah, yeah. You better watch your back cause I'm coming after you!" He said with devious smile.
"That's normally how this relationship works." I replied giving a sarcastic wink.
"OMG." Roy said as he was overcome with laughter. I sat down on the bed as Roy grabbed his phone. I talked to the camera as Roy checked his phone.
"So that's what I'm gonna be doing soon..."
"Omg look at this email." Roy said as he showed me the phone.
"We should do it!" I exclaimed as I saw it was an invitation from WOW to do Couples for Cash.
"Should we tell them or keep it secret?" Roy asked referring to the camera.
"Let's keep it as a surprise. They will die when they see it though."
"They will. But if we're doing it we have to go while they are here in New York. It's today or never."
"Ok reply saying we will be there at 2:00."
"Ok sent. Do you want be in or out of drag?"
Roy's asked as he finished sending the email.
"Out. Defiantly."
"Ok easier for me." He giggled as he made his way to the bathroom.
"I'm taking a shower and then you can get in."
"Hey what if I want to get in with you?" I said raising my eyebrow since the camera was on me.
"Shut up. We don't have time for that." Roy replied laughing.
"Well can I at least get I kiss?" I asked pecking my lips together.
"I guess." Roy said as he lightly but still loving kissed me. I instantly melted with the touch of his lips. I began to kiss back naturally, but our kiss was broken by Roy's smile.
"What is our life?" He asked laughing and resting his forehead or mine.
"I don't know, but they just got some really good screenshots!" I exclaimed laughing as well.
"I'm going to the shower." Roy entered the bathroom still laughing.
"Ok I'll see you guys in a little bit." I ended that part of vlog and started to get ready.
****************
After we got ready, we did our usual 'before we leave' routine. Which consists of checking each other's outfits, hair, etc to make sure we weren't walking out of the house all f*cked up.
"How's this?" Roy asked me as he stood in black joggers, a Courtney Act shirt, and gray and black high tops.
"Great. I especially like the shirt!" I said kissing his cheek.
"And me?" I asked. I was wearing skinny jeans, a BDR shirt and white converse.
"Absolutely stunning. As per usual." He replied pulling me close and kissing me lightly. I of course kissed back. We pulled away with smiles like always, grabbed our things, and headed to the car.
"You ready?" I asked pulling out the camera again. We were sitting in the car in the studio parking lot.
"Yep. Let's do this thing!"
"Hey guys we are at the location of our next big gig!" I said in an over dramatic tone.
"Are you excited babe?" I asked showing the camera Roy who was in the drivers seat.
"Couldn't be more thrilled!" He replied also over dramatic.
"Since we are both absolutely ecstatic, shall we head in?" I asked again showing Roy who had a huge smile on his face.
"Let's do it." He said with a genuine sound of joy in his voice.
"I love you." I said to reassure what he already knew to be 100% true.
"I love you too." He answered as we exited the car.
"Ok well we will see you guys on the other side. If there's any information that we can give you as hints they we will defiantly let you know. Byyee!" I ended the snippet we had just filmed.
"I'm kinda nervous." I said as Roy interlocked his fingers with mine.
"Just remember you and me..." Roy began.
"Forever." I finished. We kissed the side of our interlocked hands that was closest to us and headed towards the doors. That was our way of calming the other person down. I don't know how but it helps so much so we do it.
We walked through the studio doors and were greeted very warmly as usual. The people at WOW are great.
"You guys ready to get this party started!" One of the producers asked excitedly as checked in with the lady at the front desk.
"I stayed in New York for a reason... Not having a certain libra repeating the p word every 5 seconds." Roy replied creating a room full of laughter within a total of 2 minutes of us being there. He amazes me everyday how he can just light up a room like that.
"Ok so I'll take that as a yes." The producer replied in a laughing tone.
"Totally."
"Ok great follow me." We followed accordingly. I felt my nerves start to rise again. They have always been a problem for me. I get nervous and anxious over the littlest of things. I squeezed Roy's hand twice, which was my way of telling him that my nervous were getting the best of me.
"Don't worry. You are outstanding at everything you do. No nerves." Roy whispered kissing my hand to help calm me. I took a deep breathe as the producer lead us into a room with a green screen, two chairs, and some camera equipment.
"Ok so basically what's going to happen is we will give you both questions, you will write the answers on these big pink cards, and then we will film you guys reveal your answers to see if you answered correctly for the other person. For each correct answer you get $10 and there is a total of 10 questions, so you could possible leave with $100, but so far not one couple has done so you guys could set a record who knows. You all wanna get started.
"Yeah" we replied.
After answering the questions, we sat in our seats and waited until everything was set up. They had to film us introducing our selves so we started with that. Roy offered to go first knowing I was nervous.
"Hi, my name is Roy Haylock but am better know by Bianca Del Rio. I'm originally from New Orleans but currently live in New York and I am 38 years old." After Roy went they filmed my intro. I looked over at Roy for one last bit of motivation. He mouthed 'I love you' which calmed me and I began my intro.
"Hi, my name is Shane Jenek also know as
Courtney Act! I am from Idaho... just kidding I'm obviously from Australia, but currently live in New York and I am 32 years old." I ended my intro and looked over at Roy who had a huge smile on his face which meant I must of done well. I walked nonchalantly over to Roy.
"How was that?" I asked trying to be casual but not doing it very well.
"You did amazing. See nothing to worry about." He said squeezing my hand before he had to go and film what he does and how he felt about me. The answers will completely depend on if he's feeling sassy or not
"Well I was a Broadway seamstress before I competed in Rupaul's Drag Race, but now I'm traveling and doing shows and all that sort of stuff."
"Shane is the best thing that has ever happened to me, and that's a lot considering I've met Rupaul. But I couldn't imagine my life without him. He makes me feel complete and I couldn't ask for anyone else to be with. And I love him so dearly." He said almost chocking up a little. Clearly he was feeling more sentimental today.
"Someone's feeling extra sweet today." I whispered to Roy as he walked over to me.
"Hey I'm more than just a good laugh."
"I know. I really appreciate your seriousness and it's honestly kinda hot." I continued in a whisper tone.
"Oh really now..." Roy started but was interrupted by my name being called. I rushed over to film my part.
"So I was a contestant on Australian Idol but didn't win and then I competed on Rupaul's Drag Race and we all see how that's going. So basically reality TV is clearly not my cup of soup. But I have been able to sing for people all over the world and its been amazing."
"Roy is an absolutely amazing human being. Not many people see the real Roy which is overwhelmingly romantic and super sweet. He's definitely my sanity and I've never been more in love with someone in my entire life." I finished and walked back to Roy as they set up for us to give our answers to the questions.
"And I'm the sentimental one." Roy said as he grabbed my face and kissed my lightly and pulled away quickly knowing the moment could get really heated really fast.
"I didn't want to not say how I really feel. Especially since I wanted everyone to know how fricking mushy you can really be." I said pocking him in the side lightly.
"What if I really love someone I'm gonna show it." He replied as we walked to the seat with our cards.
*******************
"First question: What is the first thing you do in the morning?"
S: Honestly I go on my phone for about 30 minutes before I do anything some what productive.
R: You have to milk social media for all its worth when your career is ending, right Shane?
S: Career? That's what you call this? *laughing*
R: I was being generous. *laughing*
R: I use the bathroom. Not very exciting but hey you gotta go when you gotta go.
S: Piss. Easy!
S: That's 10 bucks in the bank baby!
R: Let's be honest we are getting all of these right! *R+S kiss*
Next: What do you like to do on your day off?
R: Him. If I'm being honest.
S:Me. It's true. God I'm such a bottom. *points at self excitingly then covers face in shame*
R: I'm not gonna deny it.
R: He would probably say something like bake or do house work even though instead he lays around as any normal person would.
S:I do play housewife... sometimes... who are we kidding no I don't.
R: You may not be bake pies but we just got dollar bills!
S: Yas! *tongue pop then kiss*
R: Still can't do that.
3rd question: What is your best skill or talent?
S: Singing. That one is easy.
R: Yeah "singing".
S: Hey I'm a great singer.
R: Yes you are babe. Yes you are... To deaf people.
S: Roy! *tries to be mad but burst out laughing*
R: I'm kidding.
R: Comedy. Easy.
S: He can always make me laugh. It's true he never fails.
R: You're too kind.
S: Another 10 *high five and kiss*
Which one of you is messier?
R: Shane.
S: Me. I'm so unorganized and it drives him insane.
R: I always offer to organize your shit but no it's his own type of 'organized'.
S: That's so true.
R: But I love you nonetheless and we just got 10 more dollars.
S: Get that money. Money. Money. *make it rain motion then kiss*
*get all right and this is the last question*
What is you favorite thing about the other person?
S: His heart. Defiantly. He's the most genuine person you will ever meet guaranteed.
R: I knew you were gonna get sappy. So I put heart because that's all you ever say to fans when the ask about the 'real' me.
S: It's true. Your the most amazing person I've ever met why wouldn't I tell the world about it.
R: Yeah. Yeah. I got it. I love you too.
R: I put eyes. People always say you can tell if you found the right one by their eyes. I never believed it until I looked into Shane's.
S: Look at who's getting sappy now. I put eyes because every morning you tell me how much you love me while keeping full eye contact. I always ask why you look at them and you always say they are your favorite thing about me.
S: Oh my god did we get all those questions right?!
You did! You guys are the first couple to get all 10 right!
R: I knew something good would come from knowing you!
S: This is best thing that has come from our relationship?
R: Of course not. I've found my partner in life, but a hundred dollars is still pretty cool.
***********
After we finished the altro for WOW, we had to sign some papers and all the fun sh*t.
"So are we allowed to give any information about this or no?" I asked while handing back the papers we filled out.
"You can say that you filmed something here, but you can't say what or anything like that. Obviously most fans will figure it out pretty quickly considering your the fandoms' number 1 couple. But it's a terms of conditions type of thing." The nice producer replied taking the papers I was handing back.
"Well I always knew I would grow up to be in the power couple of a fandom that worships drag queens!" Roy said jokingly making me laugh.
"But I wouldn't have it any other way." He continued grabbing my hand and rubbing my knuckles. I lightly squeezed his hand in return.
"Well we will be on our way then. Thanks so much for everything. I hope it's a huge success. We had a great time today!" I said as began to exit the building.
"People will love it! Guaranteed! Thanks again you guys." He replied clearly excited about the upcoming video.
"Any time." Roy said as we walked back to the car.
"That went great!" Roy said fishing for the keys in his pocket.
"Yeah that went a lot better than I thought it would. Thanks for always knowing and helping me calm my nerves. And what you said in there was really sweet!" I said slowing our pace in front of the car.
"I wanted to show people how much I care about you. And that I'm not such a total b*tch all the time. Shane your the love of my life and I wanted to show that." Roy replied pulling me close and making me blush.
"Stop your making me blush!" I said playfully hitting him away.
"Well I'm glad you showed your romantic side. Even though I love all of you to death." I said leaning in for a kiss. He gladly granted my wishes. A soft kissed turned into something full of passion within seconds which normally happened with us. I began to smile, realizing the happiness Roy gives me. Unfortunately my smile broke our passionate kissing session.
"That was a quick smile." Roy said kissing my neck lightly before unlocking the car.
"It's hard to contain happieness."