❀ chapter three ❀

thank you for the lovely comments and votes, it means a lot to me :)

・・・・・
taehyung

the tall man had a prominent blush on his cheeks, dashing away almost immediately as if he recognised him, leaving me standing there like an idiot. that was weird.. what was his problem?

then it struck me. could he be the bunny man? there was a possibility, and i wasn't going to let it slip. the package still in my arms, i forced myself to run up seven flights of stairs, by the time i reached, the passageway was dead silent, the sound of my panting was painfully loud.

after catching my breath for a few seconds, i regained my composure, ignoring the pounding of my heart. it got louder, resembling a cacophonous thrumming rhythm, finally, i brought my hand to the door and knocked. twice.

"i'm kim taehyung from bangtan delivery," i managed to swallow the huge lump that was stuck in my throat, producing a loud gulp as the door creaked open slowly.

he loomed over me, his breathing was irregular and his thick neck was glistening with sweat, slowly dripping down to his white shirt, making certain parts translucent. his veins were popping out, creating a great contrast in his pale skin i was afraid it was going to burst anytime soon.

"y-yes, hello." his breath came out in puffs, and i agree, running up seven levels of stairs wasn't an easy job. to top it off, he still had to wear that huge bunny head. "just now, the person downstairs.." i started off, but was interrupted by the bunny himself, "wha-what are you talking about?"

his nervous tone gave it all away, i was almost sure that the man downstairs was indeed him. somehow, we didn't hear the small tapping of feet, it was already too late by then, a small body crashed into me. i stumbled for a bit, but lost my footing in the end, bum falling painfully onto the hard cement.

the bunny fell too, and i watched in anticipation as the bunny head rolled to the floor. the package came open as well, this box wasn't taped properly. cherry pink petals were flying all about, but that wasn't what i was focusing on at the moment.

our eyes locked, again, i unconsciously held my breath, completely taken away because he was nothing i imagined him to look like. he was so far from it, he was really good looking. he finally broke the immense gaze, slightly blushing as he directed his attention to the package, which had unfortunately ripped open.

because we were out in the veranda, some of the petals managed to escape, the wind was an accomplice. my hat was full with the delicate petals and i handed it to him, sincerely apologising. he didn't seem to mind, instead, he flashed a enchanting smile, showing off his cute set of bunny teeth as his eyes turned into crescents. "thank you very much."

noticing the mask behind me, i picked it up and handed it to him. at first he was confused, then he reached upwards and came into contact with his hair, eyes completely widened, as he ran into his apartment, emitting a loud gasp.

"wait! please open the door, what would i do with this head?" pounding on the door, i continued to persuade him to come out, "you haven't signed the paper yet." the door clicked open, a shaking hand emerging then the person himself came out..with a towel wrapped around his head.

"i have a personal question to ask you, if you don't mind, why do you always wear that thing? at first i thought you wore that because you like that bunny. perhaps you're hiding your face? i've already seen it though, so there's no point in hiding from me. please tell me you're not a criminal."

he only waved his hands around, as he spluttered a no. he slowly removed his towel, wrapping it around his neck. "you have such a handsome face, it's such a waste to hide it." his face immediately heated up after hearing my compliment, slightly coughing out of shyness.

what am i doing? this is unprofessional. i apologised for being nosy, claiming that i'm only some delivery guy and he jolted up, telling me that i'm not. i tilted my head sideways, "huh?"

he stammered with incoherent words, covering his face bashfully, "i'm shy around others."  i was speechless, merely letting out an oh.

"so..i'm shy around others." he repeated, now even the tip of his ears were incredibly red. "okay..huh? that's the reason you wear this!?"

he nodded, and i couldn't help but burst out in laughter, clutching my stomach, i let the tears come out of my eyes and he was taken aback. "i always wondered what kind of crazy explanation you had, i didn't expect this to be the answer! i kept over analysing everything, even though there was completely nothing to worry about." i explained it to him, wiping my tears away.

"i'm kind of recluse so when you come every day, it makes me feel so happy. i care about you very much." i leant towards him, our bodies almost touching as i spoke, " are you perhaps, lonely?" he flushed deeper, as he reached for the bunny mask, pleading for me to return it to him, i laughed as i shook my head, telling him that's he's huge.

apparently he tripped over me, as a result he pinned me to the ground, my shoulders between his arms, he was in push-up position, face was full of panic. "when you wear this, i can't see your face, and it's hard have a conservation. besides, it looks kind of scary."

"i don't want people to see this kind of face. your smiling face is so cute, so my face would burn up. my chest would feel tight. that's why, i'm trying to say, um," he struggled with his words, and i could feel my heart fluttering. he must have affected me with his shyness as well, because i was blushing too.

i quickly changed the subject, before things got awkward, glancing at the nearest item there was. "these flower petals, are all your boxes filled with these?" then he explained that making flowers was actually his job, demonstrating as he expertly crafted the petals together, creating a beautiful cherry pink rose.

he brought it up, placing the flower gently on my hair, miraculously not breaking into pieces. "you look good." he grinned, his bunny teeth making an appearance once again. i could feel the blood rushing to my face at the praise, "you also look good without any mask on," i claimed.

"wha-what!?"

he's still sensitive about that.