❀ chapter one ❀

third person
・・・・・
"e-er, mr.. j-jeon right?" he found himself clearing his parched throat multiple times, craning his neck as he faced the dull black eyes of the bunny mask.

the man bowed his head slightly, greeting the delivery man in silence as his hand gripped the pen. he scribbled his signature and name on the form, handing it back hastily, somehow making sure that their hands won't meet. taehyung merely watched the bizarre scene taking place before his eyes in shock, he didn't even realise his mouth was dangling open.

the bunny's height was nothing to joke about, it felt as if he was towering over him (which he was), heck, taehyung only reached his chest area and he was considered tall among his friends and colleagues.

"t-thank you.." taehyung rasped before speeding off, wondering if he was dreaming. i did not just see a bunny man. i did not just see-

he kept repeating those words as he rode off to his next destination, still in awe.

the recipient clutched onto the parcel as he let out a sigh of relief. taking off the stuffy head, his hair a mess, not that he cared anyway. he placed the package down and opened it in a hustle, smiling lightly to himself.

・・・・・

"hyung! what's with that man!" taehyung rushed into the room as he glanced around to find him. hoseok's smile was glowing, it was almost as if it absorbed some of the sun's radiance. launching himself onto his junior, he gave taehyung a crushing hug as he ruffled the fluffy hair in front of him.

"you must be talking about mr jeon. the one residing in the hana apartment complex." the horse laughs as he watched the rookie's face scrunched up, trying his hardest to remember his location but to no avail.

"the bunny head guy?" hoseok prompted, placing both his hands on the sides of his head, trying to mimic the shape of the mask. the blond removes his cap and nods his head frantically, stammering out yesses and almost trips over a leg of a chair.

hoseok stifled his laughter as he tries to explain, "he's our regular customer. he relies on us every day for posting and delivering packages. he's always wearing that thing when he comes out, i've no idea why though."

・・・・・
taehyung

that's just plain weird if you ask me, maybe he's hiding a hideous scar underneath that mask, and he chose to spare the stares of others. "i see.." i drifted off, still coming up with various reasons why he's wearing that bunny mask.

"just don't mind him, I'm sure he has his reasons for covering his face." hoseok laughed, hopping off the chair as his break is up. stay strong, it's just the first day. keep cool.

・・・・・

loud clatters filled jeon's room as i stood at his doorstep, waiting for him to pass him his parcel.

"so-sorry, i'll wrap it up quickly." he apologised, the sound of tape being pulled resonated, scissors snipping it off after.

"it's okay, please take your time." i watched him as he scampered across the hallway, getting several items before returning to the package.

where did he even get that head? can you even buy things like that? i couldn't help being curious, it is human's nature to explore the things they don't understand after all.

"ah, i'm so sorry to keep you waiting. please take care of this." handing me the package, his bunny head bobbed up and down.

he's really huge, he looks even bigger because of the ears.

i pulled out the measuring tape, going on one knee as i took down the package's measurements. the silence was almost deafening, the tension was so strong, i was sure it could cut a stone into half.

"where is the other delivery man?" the bunny finally started a conversation, bless the heavens! "you must mean hoseok! i'm taking over him, the name's kim taehyung, i'm still new but please take care of me! i heard you're always asking us to post and deliver packages so let's do our best!" i couldn't help but chatter, finally ending my long speech.

he looked at me through the bunny head, not saying a single word, and there we stood there looking at each other, i counted ten seconds, but it could be more, ten seconds before he replied.

"uh..yes, please take of me as well.." that pause made my heart rate drop immensely, i can't understand him or his expressions since the mask covers it all up.

this is going to be tough.