❀ chapter two ❀

taehyung
・・・・・

it has become a daily thing now, to see the bunny man, somehow we still have that weird tension whenever we exchange words. he's currently checking his orders, his bunny head bobbing up and down on the numerous parcels, "there's no elevator here, it must be hot. sorry." he spoke out of the blue, handing the clipboard back to me.

"huh? oh no, it's fine! it's work and i'm used to it." besides, you're worse than me. trapped in that stuffy head, it's like living in hell, is what i'd like to say, but i made a wise choice to keep my blabbering mouth shut, waiting for his response instead.

again, there was that weird pause. although i'm pretty much used to it but he's making our conversation awkward.

he speaks.

"can you.. wait here for a moment?" there was a slight hesitation in his voice as his body turns slightly, ready to head into his apartment to take something. i merely nodded, because it was the first time we talked about something other than the delivery, in other words, this is a rare occasion.

he excused himself and wandered off, i looked at his personal information, blame it on my curiosity if you must.

jeon jungkook.
i wonder what type of person he is..

there was only one pair of sneakers at his doorstep, so i don't think he lives with others.

what does he work as anyway? and why am i so freaking curious?!

why does he wear that bunny mask, don't tell me he's actually a criminal and he has been ordering all sorts of weapons. that means I'm an accomplice! oh god, i hope i didn't anger him.

i was so overwhelmed with my thoughts that i didn't see him approaching, startling the daylights out of me.

i felt myself jump at least two feet high as his hand stretched out, revealing a pinkish drink.

is it spiked?! i'm doomed. goodbye family, goodbye friends.

he signaled for me to take it from him, the ominous bunny mask staring right at me. the trembling of my hands did not help, he must have realised that i realised his plan! 

wait, i was thinking too far.

to be safe, i sniffed the drink, surprised to smell a light, sweet scent coming from the drink. "what is this?  it smells really good!" i questioned him, taking a small gulp, the ice clattered lightly against the glass cup, one of the sounds i love the most.

"uh, it's muscat grape tea.." he replied, darting his head down, probably out of shyness.

i took big gulps, the drink sure was refreshing since it was particularly hot today. the pink liquid disappeared instantly, leaving small ice cubes in the cup.

i handed it back to him and thanked him, giving my signature boxy smile, "it was really good, thanks for the treat!"

the weird pause arrived, i tried my best to focus on the chirping of the birds on one of the nearby trees.

"..you're welcome.." he was so hesitant to speak, almost as if he was afraid of people. some part of me just wanted him to speak his mind, to let me hear his thoughts, to let me understand.

i bid him farewell, and turned to leave, murmuring that i was late for the next delivery. that was when he did it.

he squeezed my arm lightly, "see-see you tomorrow, please help me out again!" i couldn't help but give him a sweet smile, nodding my head as i went off to the next destination.

he watched me leave through the bunny head.

although i can't see his face, i think he's not a bad person. i wish i could see his expression. 

・・・・・

"ah, seokjin-hyung, good morning!" wiping the little beads of sweat forming on my forehead, i bowed to the elder who was picking up the daily newspaper.

my job was almost done, i just had to pack the boxes into the delivery truck and I'm done for the day.

there was a tall guy standing nearby, also helping out, he was about the same height as jeon.

he had black hair, his fashion style was plain, white tee with tight fitting blue jeans and he sure has thick thigh muscles.

we accidentally made eye contact, i shot him a kind smile but his face flushed red, completely flustered by the sight of me.

what?