The Omega

“Who’s pitching and who’s catching?” Felicity asks suddenly while we’re running. I skid to a halt, looking at her. Feli digs her heels into the ground and turns around, one hands on hip.

“What?” I ask.

“You know what I mean.”

“I really don’t,” I tell her honestly. The first time I had heard that term was with Caleb in the dressing rooms. Feli sighs.

“You really need to get to grips society, Sammy.”

I shrug, knowing full well that I’m out of grips in that area.

“I mean who’s the y’know bottom? And who’s the top?”

My eyes bulge open and I resist the strong urge to let my jaw pop open. My face goes back to normal and I think for a little, pulling a thoughtful expression.

“I don’t know,” I conclude.

“What you do mean you don’t know?

“I mean, I don’t know,” I pause, cocking my ears for the sound of the pack, “Come on.” I take off running again. Feli matches my pace.

“How can you not know? Did you put your genitalia into him or?” she asks.

“We haven’t had sex!” I burst out. She stops me again.

“Really? I thought mates had some undesirable lust over one another?” she asks, cocking her head to the side and looking very much like her wolf form.

“We do. Just we never did.”

“I trust that you’d tell me,” she smiles and pulls me into a hug. “I’m really happy for you, Sammy.”

“We’ll find you your other half soon, okay?”

She smiles up at me, “I’ll just bug you until you do.”

We take off running again and within a few minutes we’ve reached the pack. Bethany looks at us with distaste.

“You’re late,” she tells us. We both stay silent but I can feel the hate radiating off of Feli, as it is off of me. No one else can sense this. I just know Feli. That old hag has been our alpha ever since Jett’s mother, Lorna, died and Benjamin left with Jett. She’s been a hellish one too. I remember telling Jett that she used to give me lessons in the woods.

Lessons including a whip every time I got a question wrong.

But in all means she does care about this pack. That’s why we’re one of the most respected packs in the world.

“Omega, step forward,” Bethany motions to me. I am the packs omega. I bear the brunt of the packs frustrations and harassment. In other words, if the pack is having a bad day I’m the one they take it out on. I am usually the last to feed and I have often gone without food when it is scarce so the others can have more. I didn’t choose this ranking. It was given to me when I caused it. No one in the pack talks about it, but they are hostile towards me because of it. Even my father. And hence I was crowned omega. Feli has, from a young age, managed to look past all the rankings and is my friend. The one person in this pack that I can trust and rely on. Feli is still a pup in the eyes of the pack and will remain to be so for the remainder of her life in this pack. As is her mother. And as of now is Benjamin. My father, Riley, is the beta. Usually this would mean that the pack would have more respect towards me but that is not the case.

Bethany studies me in her usual creepy way, “You have been spending time with the boy, how is he proving himself?”

“Capable,” I reply.

“Do not be biased, omega,” she growls at me. I know it’s time to be silent. I also remember that night by the fire, when Jett followed us out there, that she said she would give me the spot of the alpha instead of Jett. That wasn’t a compliment. That was her way of saying she would rather the scum of the pack be alpha rather than a newbie.

“How is he proving himself?” she repeats.

“Capable. He will be a fine alpha,” I respond. Her eyes flash rage and her hand juts out to give me a deafening slap across my cheek. I could have avoided that but the omega has to withstand any abuse. It’s worse as a wolf I suppose, she has sharper teeth then.

She looks at the rest of the pack, “Jett is not capable in the slightest. I have shared a moment with the boy and he has not proven one ounce of capability.”

Felicity steps forward, “Jett will be a great alpha.”

Bethany growls at her and Felicity steps back. Nice try, Feli. The rest of the pack stay silent.

“I give the boy two months to prove himself worthy. Then we move on.               And I remain alpha until my deathbed,” she concludes and steps out of the circle.  Riley and Serena, Felicity’s mother, follow, give me a shoulder as they walk past. I swallow back the distaste for my father. Benjamin, to his credit, just walks past me with a sympathetic smile. Feli comes up to me.

“She’s a bitch,” she tells me, rubbing where Bethany had slapped me. It still tingles.

“We both know that,” I sigh, “I don’t think I can stick another night with the pack.”

Felicity smiles, “Go back to him, Sam. I can hear you calling his name.”

I smile at her and kiss her forehead, “Love you Feli.”

She chuckles, “I know.”

 It takes less than ten minutes to get back to Jett’s house. I don't know whether it's the fact that I really wanted to see him or I just ran faster.  I just let myself in via wall.

I am not ashamed of this fact.

I am just merely embracing my ability to climb to windows.

I give Jett’s window a slight knock and within a second Jett answers with a grin, pulling me in by my waist and kissing me.

“Someone missed me,” I chuckle and kiss him back.

“Don’t leave me again, ‘kay?” he lifts me up onto his waist, holding me up with his arms under my thighs.

“’kay,” I kiss his soft lips repeatedly, feeling like my heart is going to stop in pure bliss. I pull back and look at his depthless eyes.

“By the way, it’s not possible to love me more than I love you.” 

*

This chapter is to give an insight of Sam's place in the pack. I hurt a little writing this )': Come to me Sammy boy! 

The picture is self explanitory... just imagine the biting guy has blonde hair, okies? 

Love you all for voting and commenting asdfghjkl; I cannot embrace how much I love you all for it! *hugs*

Vote limit for next chappie: 40.

You can do it! 

<3