forty four - road trip.

josh's pov

december and snow are here.

we're going on a road trip.

tyler and i posted a video of us playing we don't believe what's on tv, on youtube and this guy really liked us, he asked if we could play for his birthday party to which we agreed, after we got our parents permission of course

we're driving friday afterschool and checking into the hotel saturday morning, playing saturday and coming back sunday.

tyler asked some of his friends on the football team to help us load our instruments and equipment on his dad's truck.

and of course where there's popular boys, there's popular girls.

"hey tyler, congratulations on being undefeated this basketball season" some girl says getting too close to tyler.

"yeah my boyfriend is the best, bye." i interrupt by standing in between.

"oh i didn't know you were still dating, you guys are super cute" she fake smiles at tyler.

"yeah well we are and even if we weren't he's gay so you wouldn't have a chance anyway, bye now"

she scoffs and walks away.

"what was that?" tyler laughs

"you're mine and i had make sure people stay in their lanes."

"you're so cute, lets go."

"are you sure you have everything?"

"yeah"

"even your keyboard?"

"yes, i'm not stupid, josh"

he thanks his friends for helping us and we say bye to our parents.

.

we take turns driving tyler says he'll drive first.

we play our music loud and sing along.

half way there we stop at a store to go to the bathroom and switch spots.

we buy snacks and coffee so we can stay up.

we get back to the truck.

i drive in silence, while tyler eats his doritos.

"you know joshua, i didn't even know you could drive"

i laugh "what? why?"

"because i've never seen you drive, and you don't own a car and you ride your skateboard everywhere"

"so you assumed i ride my skateboard because i don't have a car and that i don't have a car because i don't know how to drive"

"yeah hah i'm sorry" tyler says awkwardly

"no it's fine i would probably think the same thing, but honestly i just prefer skateboarding over driving"

"hey it's better for the environment" tyler laughs

i laugh "you're so cute"

"i'm also kinda hungry"

"tyler it's 3 in the morning nothing is open"

"but i want fooood"

"what happened to your doritos?"

"i ate them all"

"well you can have some of mine"