(22) Stay Omega Stay

Start from the beginning

Once my vision began clearing up and my ears stopped ringing I was able to get a clearer view. All the wolves were on the ground, and hundreds of witches were appearing right in front of me and attacking. This was an ambush, the cabin had been a distraction for all of us. Everyone was flash-banged and delusional, and the witches had the upper hand.

I turned to my left and looked towards the woods where there was only a lone figure. Immediately I knew it was Ayana and bolted towards her. People were calling my name, but I could hardly hear anything but my own breathing. I was stumbling into trees and tripping over my own feet. The hooded Ayana was only staring at me with her big white eyes, a blank expression on her face as she turned and walked deeper into the forest.

It took me at least ten minutes for me to chase her through the woods, and when I finally reached her I had stumbled onto a clearing. The moment I stepped into it the ground below it crackled, and I looked down to see the frozen lake below me. I took my shoes off and made my way closer to her, trying to stop my head from spinning and stumbling onto the ice. If I fell too hard I may fall through, and I don't know how to swim.

Every step the ice hissed, and I knew it was only a matter of time before I would find a weak spot and fall through. Lucian is probably too busy fighting off witches, unless he's still on the ground trying to regain feeling in his body like myself. He couldn't save me, so at this very moment it was me against this two century old witch.

Ayana stopped walking once we reached the center of the lake and turned to face me. She removed her hood and stared me dead in the eye as if she could see me. "What a meaningful place for your death don't you agree?"

"If you kill me I'll become the Moon Goddess anyway." I snapped at her, my voice echoing through the silent night. "You will gain nothing, and the wolf bloodline will continue as it should."

"If I succeed there won't be anyone to worship you as a Goddess and once again you will be alone." She concluded. "I don't care if you become the next goddess, all I care about is the end of you race. This great war is the start of that."

"We're all over the world, you won't succeed in just one night." I snarled, my body shaking with complete rage.

"All the witches around the world are at this moment killing off your kind one by one." Ayana gave an evil grin. "Even wolves that haven't been born are being terminated."

A painful and heartbreaking scream was heard in the distance and I turned around at the sound of it. Though I couldn't see what was going on, I knew what had happened. Paige had just lost her baby, a witch had killed it. An innocent unborn baby was killed as a result of this war. This was my fault, a baby had been killed, an innocent life.

My fury was indescribable. I lunged at Ayana, attempting to tackle her as best as I could, but she was already gone before I could even brush a finger over her. I landed on the ice, my voice hissing in pain as my arm landed funny. So many people died because of her, she had to pay for everything that she did.

"Don't act so surprised Penelope." Ayana gloated. "You knew the child's fate and could have easily changed it."

"I don't know what I'm capable of, it was just a feeling." I barked, looking around the area for her. I could hear her, but I couldn't see her.

"As you get older you'll be more in tune with your Moon Goddess traits, it's only a matter of time." Ayana added. "That is if I don't kill you before then."