Chapter 7

C h a p t e r  S e v e n

"Stop drinking! You're already drunk enough!"

"He's right, you have to stop."

Joon Gi pushed away his friends roughly. "Don't you dare to stop me. Only alcohol can wash away my sorrows."

"Do you want to see your liver malfunction at the mere age of twenty-eight?! We are concerned because you're our friend!"

Joon Gi slammed the bottle of whiskey onto the table and smirked. "Friend? Who told you that we are friends? A friend doesn't try and steal his friend's company by betraying him from the back."

"Heol. L-look at him babbling nonsense now." His friend stared at him with his arms crossed, feigning ignorance. He then turned to the other friend who was standing next to him. "Ya, he's saying that we betrayed him. Is this even possible?"

"I know right?! What makes you think that we would betray you? We are and always have been loyal to you."

Joon Gi gulped down the rest of the alcohol in one shot, and slammed the now empty glass bottle onto the table loudly, making his friends jump. With the side of his lips lifting upwards, he spoke. "I was just joking, chillax."

His friends laughed dramatically at his words. "Wow, Joon Gi. You really are good in acting. I'm impressed."

"If you're impressed, then leave me alone. Go away." His friends glanced at each other, looked at Joon Gi for one last time, and left without saying anything else.

From the corner of his eyes, after ensuring they were finally out of sight, Joon Gi smirked. "Liars."

"Pardon?" The bartender questioned, assuming that Joon Gi was talking to him, and left when Joon Gi dismissed him by shaking his head subtlely.

In a semi-conscious state, he took out his phone, unlocked it, and dialled a number that he had been depending on lately for some reason. Only he understood him.

"Yobeoseyo?" A masculine voice spoke when the phone was picked up.

"Ha Neul ah, I'm drunk. Again." Joon Gi chuckled.

A sigh was heard from the other side of the phone. "Where are you?"

Joon Gi was about to tell him the name of the bar he was in, but halted when he heard other voices besides Ha Neul's.

"Ya! I told you not to do that, idiot!!"

"I didn't do it on purpose! Why do you keep getting on my nerves?"

"Guys! Stop quarelling, please!"

The last voice was what made Joon Gi jolt awake. He shook his head and massaged his temples, before speaking. "Is that the girl Hyuk brought to the event?"

"How did you even recognize her voice? But yeah, it's her." Shouts were heard continuously from the background, and Ha Neul finally cracked and yelled at them to shut up. And they did.

"Wow." Joon Gi laughed, amused at his friend.

"Ugh- the kids are quarelling, again. Anyways, text me wherever you are and I will pick you up on the way back."