Battle of the Sexes Boys vs. Girls

1 month later

Aug
I walked in me and Jazzy room and she was laying down sleep. How in the hell did she fall asleep that fast again she was just woke when I left to go get breakfast I thought. Jazzy was dressed, makeup free and she had her shoes on.

"Baybeh wake up I'm back," Jazzy rubbed her eyes and sat up.

"Hey where did you go to get breakfast."

"Waffle House well T went inside," she scooted over and I sat next to her.

"Okay did he get orange juice."

"Yeah it's on the night stand," she nodded I handed her food I said a quick prayer and we began eating.

"Your appointment is at 10:45."

"I know Aug I was the one that reminded you last night and this morning."

"I was just making sure you didn't forget."

"It's the battle of the sexes boys vs. girls."

"Why you say that you ain't carrying twins."

"I know that all of the guys including you think I'm having a boy and all of the girls including me think I'm having a girl."

"Oh okay."

"But y'all are wrong I'm having a girl and her name is Ashanti Lyric Alsina."

"No you're having a boy and his name is August Anthony Alsina, III."

"We'll see at 10:45."

"Yes we will."

We finished eating then we headed out to Dr. V office. I sent out a group text to everyone letting them know to come by the house later today so we can tell them the sex of the baybeh.

I signed Jazzy name in as she sat down I walked back over to her and placed my hand on her stomach causing her to remove my hand.

"Why you do that for."

"Because everytime you touch me the baby start kicking like crazy."

"He know is daddy is next to you."

"Quit referring to our daughter as a boy."

"You're having my son."

"Daughter," I was about to respond when the nurse walked out.

"Sullivan."

We walked to the back room the nurse checked her vitals then we went to the patient room and waited on Dr. V to come in. Dr. V is cool as hell so she calls us by our nicknames.

"Hey hey Aug, Jazzy are y'all."

"Good," Dr. V nodded as she washed her hands.

"That's good so are we ready to see what y'all are having."

"Yes because Aug here swear up and down I'm having a boy."

"Well we'll find out won't we.

"I'm ready."

"Alright Jazzy lay back for me and lift your shirt," Jazzy laid back and lifted her shirt then Dr. V got started on her ultrasound.

"One last time Aug what do you think that Jazzy is having."

"A boy."

"And Jazzy."

"A girl," Dr. V nodded.

"Jazzy you're right you two are having a girl."

"Damn really there isn't a twin behind her."

"Nope Aug it's a girl."

"Looks like Ima have to bring out my guns, clean them and have them ready for any lah boy that try and talk to my baybeh girl."

"Don't go to jail now Aug."

"I'm not Dr. V," she printed off the ultrasound pictures I wiped Jazzy stomach off and helped her up.

"Alright you two is all set see you guys in 4 weeks," I helped Jazzy down and got the ultrasound pictures.

We walked out of the doctor office and got back in the truck I told T to go make a stop at the store so we can get the decorations for the gender reveal party. I may not be getting my son right now but I do have a daughter that's on the way and I'm going to be overprotective as soon as she come out of Jazzy.

Jazzy
I got my phone out and went to my camera and started to record me and Aug.

"Babe what's the sex of the baby."

"A girl."

"And what's her name."

"Ashanti Lyric Alsina baybeh girl is bout to be spoiled and she ain't even here yet."

"I love you baby daddy."

"I love you too and that's fiancé lah girl."

"Okay let me correct myself I love you fiancé."

"I love you too baybeh," I cut the video off.

"Who the godparents."

"Is that all you worried about T."

"Yep."

"You are the godparent T."

"Aww man thank y'all so much I swear I love y'all."

"And we love you too T while we're in Babies R Us  can you go get me some wings."

"Yeah from where."

"Buffalo Wild Wings."

"Yeah I got you what type of wings you want."

"Buffalo wings with ranch sauce."

"And I'll have the same."

"Alright I got y'all anything else."

"Yes order some wings for the gender reveal party too."

"Okay."

"T you need some cash."

"Nah I got it."

"Aight."

T pulled up to Babies R Us he got out and opened our door once we was out of the truck he closed the door behind us. T began walking and we followed as the paparazzi snapped pictures of us and asking us questions.