Dancer Baby

age 6

Luke slowly walked around the outside of Michaels house, wanting to surprise him.

It was Michaels 7th birthday today and Luke had a present for him.

He gasped and fell on his butt when Michael ran around the corner of his house, scaring Luke.

"Oh my goodness you scared me! I should call you Mikey Boo." Luke laughed, and stood up, holding a wrapped box in his hands.

"I got you a present." Luke said, and Michael smiled, taking the box from Luke.

"Open it now." Luke said, pulling Michael down to sit on the ground with him.

Michael ripped the pink paper that Luke picked out, and smiled when he saw new power ranger action figures.

"Thank you, Lukey." Michael said, and hugged Luke, and Luke hugged back tightly, happy he was finally getting attention from Michael.

"You wanna play?" Michael asked, and Luke looked up at him, and nodded quickly.

"Yes!" He said, and Michael ripped open the box of power rangers. "Can I be the princess?" Luke asked, and Michael laughed.

"If you want to. I can be the red power ranger and come save you." Michael said, and Luke took Michaels hand in his.

"What if you be a prince and come to the castle ball with me?" Luke asked, and Michael shrugged. He didn't know why he was willing to play princess with Luke. He used to hate it.

Luke led Michael over to the patio and wrapped his arms around his neck. Michael hesitantly held Luke's waist, dancing slowly as Luke hummed a song.

Luke giggled as he spun under Michaels arm.

"I like how your dress does that." Michael said, and Luke furrowed his eyebrows in confusion.

"What?" He asked, and Michael stepped back.

"When you spin, your dress looked really pretty." Michael said, making Luke smile, and spin around again.

"Luke look!" Michael shouted, and the blonde boy looked at the sky where Michael pointed.

"What?!" Luke asked in excitement

"It's the dragon coming to capture the princess, but I promise I'll keep you safe. We can hide." Michael said, picking Luke up, making him laugh as Michael carried him behind the bushes to hide.

"You're always saving me." Luke whispered, pressing a kiss to Michaels cheek