Chapter 16: Preston

Adam's PoV

I woke up in bed as the sun was rising. I stared deeply at my clock that was left of me. A sigh came out of my mouth as I got up and opened the fridge. There was some pumpkin pie left, well, only one slice atleast, and I gobbled it all down. I yawned as I threw away the tin foil that kept the pie nice and able to be eaten.
  I went to work, but something felt different... They all were here! Max, Ross, Barney, Jake, TimTim... Wait.
  "Guys, where's Preston and Red?" I ask them. They all just shrug. I sighed as I went to Preston's office.
  "Preston?" I call for him, "Red?" I call after that. I looked over to see Preston sitting with Red. They were drinking coffee talking in the corner. I smiled and came over to them.
  "Wow, you two! Never thought you guys would be this shy!" I exclaimed. Preston laughed as he got up. I saw Red pout a little.
  "We're just hanging out. We haven't spoken in a while and since something has been going on with Red and everyone, I wanted to talk to the roots of this! Red." He said, pointing to Red. I nodded and walked off. What a bunch of silly weirdos. But I can't blame them. They work for me. And I'm a weirdo too. Which I don't regret.

Red's PoV

Preston came back after talking with Adam and sat back down. It grew silent. We were just starting a nice conversation and then Adam just barged in. Though, that's normal. I looked down and Preston saw me and was confused.
  "What's wrong, Red?" He asks me. I look up at him, tears in my eyes. His eyes grew wide as mine cried. He looked at my features. My ears point down, my tail stops wagging, and I had my feet inward as I stood.
  "Am..." I started. Preston stared at me and smiled to let me continue. "Am... I you're friend still..?" I ask him. He seemed taken back by this. All of this. He had no intention of me to be like this. No one did. I felt myself slowly embarrassed of what I said. I covered my mouth with my hands. Preston came over to me and hugged me.
  "Of course you are! You're the coolest friend a guy could ever have!" He told me over my shoulder. I smiled at him as he let go of me.
  "Thanks, Preston." I tell him. He smiled and stuck his toungue out.
  "No problemo!" He says, making me laugh. He laughed with me.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

  "Gotta go work, bye!" He tells me. I just wave. I see him go talk to Max. He sits there, chats, and then I hear my name. That's when I finally had to hear into the conversation. My body freezes as I see Max walk out with Preston.
  "Yeah, Red is a little weird." I hear Preston say. I quietly gasped. He sat down with Max and took a sip of his coffee.
  "Yeah... He is." Max agrees with Preston. I felt myself afraid if they didn't like me. What if I get fired and then I'm alone. Barney kicks me out of the house, and I get kicked onto the street! I felt myself shaking as the world crashed down onto me. It's what it felt like, atleast. I felt a slap on my face. I looked up to see Preston.
  "You're worthless!" He yells at me. I back up and feel tears streaming down my cheeks.
  "Preston! Stop!" I yell.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I wake up on the office couch, screaming "Stop!" after a nightmare. I sighed as the whole world around me was back to normal. When did I fall asleep? Not sure.
  "Red! It's just a dream!" I hear from behind me. The voice gave me a hug. I smiled, knowing it was Preston.
  "Preston. I'm fine." I said, smiling. He smiled back as I got up.
  "Wanna go to Olive Garden?" He asks me. I nod in agreement and we go eat some food.

I'm just getting the plot ready so don't worry guys! ;) And yes, Shelby, Cory, and Uni are coming and stuff.

  ~PanOfLuv