That's My Girl pt2

New years eve

Lauren and I were down in Miami with Lauren's family for New Years. Needless to say Latin families know how to throw a party. We were in the backyard watching her and her family dance to the beat of the music. I was in awh at the way she dance. She looked at me motioning for me to come towards her. The look in her eyes scared me. She had that seductive look in her eyes that compare to a cheetah. So alluring and captivating, but they were deadly.

Everyone was cheering for me to get on the dance foor. "C'mom Babe dance with me."

I walked out for her and she grabbed my hands putting it on her hips. "You know I don't dance. I don't have a single rythm in my body."

"You in bed tells me otherwise," She said. I just chuckled. "Just follow my hips." I felt the way her hips move in my hands and I was so turned on. I began to follow her moves. "There you go babe."

I brought her hand above her head spinning her around causing to her shriek and once she got back in my arms I made her dip and her arms quickly wrapped around my neck. I earned a soft giggle from her.

"I thought you said you can't dance." Lauren said as I put her up right.

"I'm a fast learner." I looked to my left seeing Tio Mike looking at me and eyeing me to go inside. "I'm gonna use the bathroom real quick." I said excusing myself. I walked towards the open garage considering that there was the only place without people.

"You said you wanted to talk to me, mija," Hey said opening the fridge reaching in for two beers. He opened one and handed it to me.

"Thank you sir," I said taking the bottle to my lips.

"What's wrong? You like you're hands are shaking."

"I love your daughter so much Tio and I don't know what I would do without her. I just wanted to thank you for taking care of her."

"I should be thanking you for keeping her safe back in New York. I know where this is gonna go. Do you have the ring?"

I gave a nervous laugh and a sigh in relief. I didn't have to give the I want to marry your daughter and I'd like your blessing speech, "I'm having it customized. I want to make it one of a kind."

"Do you have a drawing?"

"Yes, of course." I said grabbing my phone and showing her a picture of the drawing.

"Oh, that's perfect. That's perfect for her Y/n." I looked at his face and I was relieved at the look no his face. "I'm so proud to have another daughter." Tio Mike said bringing me into a hug. "So when do you plan on asking her?" 

"Plan on asking who, what?" I heard a voice say behind me. I turn around to see Tia Clara walking towards us. Tio Mike handed the phone towards Tiara Clara. I watched her face as she furrowed her eye brows and they slowly relaxed. "Wow that's a gorgeous ring. Whose this for?" She looked up at me and she screamed dropping my phone and I quickly hit it up catching it from falling.

"Oh my gosh, yes." She said. Hugging me.

"Clara, she's asking to marry  your daughter not you?" He said in a Latin accent.

"Ai, cállate." She said wiping the happy tears from her eyes.

"I want to keep it a secret."

"Of course," Tia Clara said. "Who else knows?"

"Just you two. I wanted to make sure to have your blessings before anything."

"Guys what are you doing here?" Lauren said spotting us.

"I was just talking to your parents about you."

"What about?" She said hugging my waist.

"About how you use to you put make up on yourself when you were five."

"I heard you looked like a clown." I earned a slap on the arm. I rubbed my arm and Lauren grabbed the beer from my hands. "Uh... that, that's my beer."

"Help me set up the fireworks."

The count down was about five minutes away and I quickly ran to find her and there she was sitting on the couch with a devilish smile on her lips. I knew exactly what that smile was. 
"I love you too." She said looking up at me. "Too much."

---- Lauren's birthday---

I had the ring picked up a while back and I've kept it in my office safe. I was sitting in my office at home admiring the ring. It's been months since I wanted to ask Lauren to marry me and to think I would have a speach thought out, but no. I heard the door black go off telling me that the Jauregui family was here.

"Babe, they're here!" I heard a faint yell.

"I'm on it." I said getting up from chair.

"Where's y/n?" I heard Tio said.

"Yeah where is she?" Chris asked.

"Hello? Guys I'm right here. You know I'm alright. It's my birthday, but who cares right." Lauren said tiny bit annoyed.

"Sorry sweetie, it's clear to see that they love me more." I said walking down from the stairs. I walked towards them giving them hugs.

"Do you have the ring?" Tio asked hugging me.

"It's in my office." I turned around to see that Chris had a smile on his face. I waved over to tell them to follow me.

"Hey where are you three going?" Lauren asked from the living room as she spotted us from the stairs.

"I want to show them the view from my office." I said running up the stairs.

"Dad, don't fall." Lauren yelled.

I walked towards my office opening the glass door. "Holy shit, you gotta nice view," Chris said walking over to the windows. "Is that Central Park?"

"Pops, do you want a drink?"

"No I'm good, Mija. Let me see the ring." I took the box out of the safe and opening it. "Oh my god. This is half my pay check. It's perfect."

"Ahh! I can't wait." I said jumping.

"Babe," Lauren called out for me.

"Yeah," I said frantically putting the box away. She gave me a questioning look.

"Dad, Chris you guys should gets some rest. Y/n made reservations tonight and boys, it's black tie."

"Oh fantastic," Chris said in a sarcastic tone. I patted Chris's shoulder and I went over to Lauren kissing her temple.

-