XVIII

Chapter XVIII:

"Areum!" Sojin's voice scolded.

I looked up from the sewing I had been doing in the back of the servants quarters. I felt obligated to help, even if Jungkook had told me to take the week off.

"What are you doing?" She groaned in frustration, "Master Jungkook said no chores, so no chores! I'll sew!"

"But-"

Sojin cut me off with a glare and shoved me out the door, "Do something with that brain of yours. Read."

I nodded before the door was slammed shut behind me. I wasn't going to read, I was going to go invistigate.

Once I had walked outside, I found the path that led to the cabin. The walk was pretty short and it wasn't that hard for me to find it.

"Taehyung?" I asked, knocking on the door.

He opened it and rolled his eyes, "You again?"

"Yup! I figured out who the girl was!" I grinned

"Well, I assume you want to come inside?"

"Yup!"

He sighed in agitation and walked deeper into the house.

"You shouldn't have come, you know," he insisted, his attitude staying in the depressed mood.

"I didn't know. Why?" I asked.

Taehyung sighed, "You could have alerted my cousin or brother I was here!"

"Oh."

I just turned to the piano again, scanning over those same pictures, "I wanted to know why you were here. Why on your brother'a property when you could have anywhere else?"

"I don't live like Jungkook," Taehyung admitted, "I have no job, no money, no life. It's my own fault, I suppose. I fought for the humans in the war. It was a lost cause."

When he paused and sat down, I persisted he finish, "But why are you here? You could have suffered in a different place."

"Jungkook had a lot of property, a lot of land, and a place for me to hide. I knew that he had power. Lots of it, and especially in the council. That helps me too. If I'm on his property, and not qualified as a relative or somebody who isn't a slave, I will be marked as his slave, and then I will be provided with the basics and a life. It's not ideal, but I have something.

"How are you keeping this place well kept if you have no money?" I asked.

"My situations are not your business," he hissed, "I do not steal, but I do get money. That mystery, I will not release to you now."

With that, I stood and left, knowing I wasn't going to get any more information out of him. Exiting the small cabin, I headed down the path.

Maybe I, I can never fly
jeogi jeo kkoccipdeulcheoreom
nalgael dan geotcheoreomeun an dwae
Maybe I, I can't touch the sky
geuraedo son ppeotgo sipeo
dallyeobogo sipeo jogeum deo

The tune played in my head as I walked, humming it along the way. My foot caught something as I felt unfamiliar skin against my own. A hand was over my mouth, and I could barely breath.

"Finally! You're mine."

I passed out at the sound of Jimin's threatening voice.

----------------------------------------------
A/N: Don't you just love the cliffhangers? Lol ^.^