Chapter Twenty-Six (Tris's POV)

AN// hey guys! I hope you enjoy the chapter! I enjoy writing them!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Susan?" I'm surprised she's here, but now I know the truth about Caleb and her... Well lets not get off topic.

"Tris, I've missed you so much!" Susan says, I hug her, she stiffens at first, then relaxes and hugs me back. "Robert's around here somewhere." She says after she pulls away, looking over her shoulder to see if she can find him.

"We're playing truth or dare, wanna play?" I ask, she gives me a confused look.

"What's truth or dare?" She questions, raising her eyebrows.

"It's exactly like it sounds. Someone asks you truth or dare, and you have to pick if you want to tell the truth about something or do the dare you are given." I explain to her, she nods as Robert comes barreling down the hallway towards us.

Once he has reached us he pulls all of us into a group hug, "Look at all of us, all back together again." Robert smiles, he's still in Amity clothes.

"Tris, who are your friends?" Tobias asks, I look back and he smiles at me. I walk over to him quickly.

"Who do you want me to introduce you as?" I ask him, knowing he can be picky about what name I use around who.

"It does matter, they'd probably recognize Tobias so Four." He smiles, taking my hand and lacing our fingers together. I lead him over to my old friends and introduce them.

"Susan, this is Four, Four that is Robert. We were friends in Abnegation." I say pointing to each person as I say their name, "And you've already met Caleb obviously."

"Four like the number?" Robert asks, Caleb rolls his eyes, knowing that's not actually his name.

"Yes, is there a problem?" Tobias asks, the hint of anger in his voice quickly vanishes, I may have been imagining it from when Christina said it the first time we met him.

"No," Robert says, his shoulders shrinking down, I smirk, everyone is scared of Tobias when they first meet him. It's really funny actually, he comes off as scary, but once you get to know him he could not be a sweeter person.

Maybe that's just me though. Tobias and I walk to the room hand in hand, leading the others to the room. We get back in the circle of our friends as Caleb, Susan, and Robert walk into the room.

"Guys this is Robert and Susan," I introduce them, a few oohs go around the room at Susan's name, but I send them glares to shut them up, since Susan doesn't know Caleb told them what they did.

"Caleb, it's your turn." I say enunciating each syllable as if it takes more effort than it does, "Remember?"

"Oh yeah, Four truth or dare?" Caleb says, spitting out Tobias's nick name as if it's poison.

"Truth," Tobias answers, wrapping his arm around my waist'. I lean into him, resting my head on his shoulder.

"Why do you think you love Tris?" Caleb says, venom dripping from his words. Tobias laughs, and looks at me.

"First of all I don't think, I know. Second I first fell in love with her personality, she never gave up easily. She protected those who she thought needed it. She is beautiful, funny, and so many more things. Long story short, I love everything about her." I look at the ground, I can feel my cheeks heat up, that was really sweet.

I look up at Tobias and give a ghost of a smile before pressing my lips to his lightly, a few awe's run around the circle. We both pull away with smiles on both of our faces.

"I didn't know you guys were dating." Robert and Al say at the same time, they look at each other completely in awe of saying the exact same thing at the exact same time. I shake my head, my hair falling loosely in my face.

"Al I told you we were together, you just chose not to believe me." I state plainly, Al looks confused, but shrugs it off.

"Okay Robert you're new here, so truth or dare?" Tobias asks, Robert looks confused for a second, not knowing that Tobias addressed him.

"Um... Dare." Robert smiles, he still has Amity qualities, but don't we all have some of our old factions still in us?

"I dare you to run around the compound screaming 'I am women! Hear me roar!'" Tobias says, we all laugh because of Marlene's outburst after the drinking contest.

Robert shrugs, "Okay," He stands up from his spot, dusting off dust that isn't there. He walks towards the door as everyone else stands up from their places in the circle. Robert walks out the door as we all crowd around it, I really want to see this.

"I AM WOMEN! HEAR ME ROAR! I AM WOMEN! HEAR ME ROAR!" Robert screams, running around with his arms dragging behind him. People start whispering back and forth, probably asking what's wrong with him. Soon after Robert comes back into the room, trying to contain himself, but fails and ends up falling on the floor in a fit of laughter.

"What?" I ask, "What's so funny?" This throws Robert into another fit of laughing.

"I-I" He tries to explain, emphasis on tries. He can't seem to contain himself, so we just let him calm down. We all walk back into our circle, leaving Robert in a fit of laughter in the doorway.

"Guys it's getting late." Marlene yawns, stretching her arms as she does. She leans into Uriah's side resting her head on his shoulder.

"Yeah it is." I agree, "Let's continue this in the morning." A chorus of yeah's and sure's run around the circle. Tobias stands up quietly and walk over to his bed, and I follow him.

"That was really sweet, what you said back there." I say, I can feel heat flooding my cheeks.

"I said what's true." He laughs, climbing into the bed, I quickly do the same, he pulls me closer and I rest my head on hist chest listening to his steady heartbeat.

"Do they always do that?" I hear Susan ask, I can tell she's talking to Caleb.

"Yeah," Caleb says with a hint of anger in his tone, "They do."

"How long have they been dating?" Susan asks, Caleb wouldn't know the answer so I answer for him.

"Four months." I laugh, four. I hear Susan or Caleb sit on a bed, they talk quietly about something for a minute before settling down to go to sleep.

"I love you Tris," Tobias whispers in my ear, his breath tickling the back of my neck.

"I know," I laugh, "You won't exactly let me forget." I press my lips firmly to his before pulling away slowly.

"I love you too Tobias." He smiles, I love his smile, it makes me feel safe. I curl back up into his chest, his arm draped over my hip.

"I know," He smiles, I close my eyes, taking in his scent, he smells safe. He makes me feel safe. I love him, I know that is true. I listen to his heartbeat until sleep completely overtakes my body.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

AN// hey guys! Sorry for the uneventful chapter, next one will be more eventful, I promise! I hope you enjoyed!

Comment
Vote
Share
React!

Write on!
~TheDivergentWriter