Day Nine

Song on the side: 'Teardrop' by Massive Attack.

Not edited!

Day Nine

Cameron excused himself from the dinner and quickly made his way to Samantha's bedroom. His blonde best friend was sick and she wasn't able to attend the dinner her parents had organized for the two families. 

He pushed the door of her bedroom open and sat down on the bed. 

"Cammy," she whispered weakly and gave him a smile. 

He smiled back and grabbed her hand in his. 

She was too pale and there were droplets of sweat rolling down the sides of her face.

He was told to stay away from her for a couple of days in order not to catch the virus too but he didn't care. He lifted the blankets and lay down, next to her. She rested her head on his stomach and listened to him closely as he described her how his day at school was without her. 

Cameron had missed her a lot even though he never told her. 

I groaned rolling my eyes as I heard Cameron mumbling in his sleep for the millionth time this morning. Ever since I woke up, I was sweating more than my disgusting uncle Joe but Rosie's prince charming was still sleeping because he spent the whole night thinking about her and now he could not open his goddamn eyes and drive me to the small town nearby so that I could get some aspirines. My forehead was seriously set on fire but he was too busy cursing in his sleep and punching the air, as he obviously dreamt of Brent and his last victim- oh no, wait, it was consensual...

Feeling more than fed up, I resorted in kicking his stomach hard hoping he would finally regain consciousness.

"What the hell?!" he exclaimed trying to rub the sleep out of his eyes. 

"You seriously need to get me some pills or I don't know what!" I informed him. 

Noticing the paleness that was spread across my face, he pressed his lips against my forehead and then widened his light blue eyes. 

"Jesus Christ!"

"Yeah, I know, can we get something now? And please, let's find some motel for the night, please! It's too damn cold out here!" I complained. 

"Well, it's not that easy. I mean, we need money even for the filthiest motel around here and money for food and gas. We can't afford any medication right now..." he trailed off.

I gave him a desperate look. 

"Wait," he mumbled and sat up, yawning. 

Judging from his face, he was still thinking about the cheap cheater he called his girlfriend. Even now that my head was practically spinning around, I couldn't help but wonder how the hell she managed to crawl her way in the boy's heart.

Probably on her knees...

Nice one there, inner shit!

 Oh, I know!

"What time is it?"

"Almost 3pm," I replied and rolled my eyes out of boredom.

"We could do something till we go find some motel room for the night."

"Something like?"

"I don't know..." he trailed off giving me a dark look.

"Oh, don't give me that 'I wanna play doctor with you' look, Shaw," I scoffed.