Day Eight

Song on the side: "Adore you" by Miley Cyrus. 

Not edited.

~Enjoy~

Day Eight

On Cameron's tenth birthday, his family went camping along with Samantha's family. They were supposed to spend the night in the nearby woods and sleep in tents after lighting some bonfire. 

Late at night, their parents had gone to sleep but Samantha and Cameron were lying next to the remains of the fire with their eyes glued on the pitch black sky. They were both cold but they refused to go to sleep and get separated.

"Hey, Cammy?" her high pitched voice asked lowly.

"Hm?"

"What if one day you grow tired of being my friend? What if you stop enjoying being around me?" 

"Are you kidding? I laugh so hard when I am around you that I doubt I will ever want to leave you!" he exclaimed laughing and ruffled her hair. 

She grinned at him, feeling safer and more self-assured now and shut her eyes before wrapping her slim arm around his waist. 

He smiled at her move. He didn't go to sleep though, he stayed awake as long as he could and observed her the way her chest moved up and down in a slow pace as she drifted to sleep

When I opened my eyes then next day, Cameron was still sleeping underneath me, snoring slightly, with his arms wrapped protectively around my waist. It was touching how the boy cared even in his sleep. I tried to move but he tightened his grip around me, mumbling something I did not catch in his sleep. I smiled to myself and lay back on top of him for a little longer, with my headphones on and some soft song playing. 

"Jesus, I feel like I've been run over by some soil compactor, get off Bradford!" he grumbled when he opened his eyes making me chuckle. 

"It's surprising how much of an asshole you can be even the moment you open your eyes!" I complimented.

He laughed along and we both made our way out of the car to stretch our limbs. 

As I let my eyes swallow the image of the calm morning sea, I felt a sudden urge to dip in it and stay there for the following four days. I didn't want to do it alone, though. I even surprised myself but I wanted Cameron with me even though I didn't usually enjoy sharing my mad impulses. At first I bit my lip and tangled my hands behind my back, feeling somewhat nervous but then I walked in front of him and before he could react, I pulled his shirt over his head and pushed his jeans down to his ankles.

"Woah, Bradford, this can be considered as sexual assault!" he exclaimed covering his chest.

"You sound so damn gay!" I commented as I stepped out of my black dress.

"Okay, maybe I'll be the one raping you..." he trailed off.

"Yes, whatever, now come!" 

I grabbed his hand and dragged him in the water. At first I just swam like there was no tomorrow, not being able to get enough of the saltiness and power of the sea. Then I swirled around Cameron and splashed him making me splash me back. There were moments I felt like I was seriously blind cause my eyes could not exactly tolerate the water but I was having so much fun I just kept splashing him with my eyes shut. 

I even asked him to spread his legs so that I could swim in between. When I moved back to the surface, he grabbed my waist and pulled me closed to him. He caught my chin and looked into my eyes. I brought my face closer to his and the moment right before our lips were connected I splashed his face with water and swam away laughing the life out of my own self.