To: @lil_mastin_fan

To: @lil_mastin_fan

From: @wonderrlandd

- - -

Bree, 

I hope you enjoy it! Although it didn't really turn out the exact way I wanted it to, I still hope you enjoy it!

- Sasha 

- - -

Christmas Kitten

 "Oh the weather outside is frightful, and the fire is so delightful," I sing as I put the finishing touches on the wrapping paper of Harry's present.

To be honest, I'm not going to lie, I hate Christmas shopping. It's nuts! There's always three kinds of people in the mall.

The first: the crazy mom shopper. She's probably at her wits end, doesn't want to deal with the long lines, the prices, and the shoppers like her. Then there's the 'I don't care as long as I get as many of this thing as I need' shopper. They'll basically fist fight you over anything, and they're the ones that give Black Friday shopping a bad rep. And then there's people like me. The ones who try to survive the other two.

By now, I've had the time to shop for all the boys, which means that it's been almost three months since I've seen the boys in person, so it's a bit unnerving to see them everywhere on magazines, the Telly, and pretty much anywhere but in person.

'Jingle bell, jingle bell, jingle bell rock-' my phone sings before I snatch it off the couch cushion and answer the phone (if you're wondering about the ringtone, Harry made that his after we watched Mean Girls and refuses to let me change it).

"Hey Bree!" He crows, and I hear the boys shouting in the background, "We'll be home in ten minutes!" And with that cheerful notification, he hangs up.

Now, I love the boys to death and back, but there's one thing that bothers me. Every single time they're coming home for break, they let me know after they've landed in the airport, after they've gotten into the car, and only when they're really close to the house, or in this case a bungalow Liam bought last year. It's extremely frustrating because it means that I have to rush to do things.

I begin to panic slightly, but nevertheless, I manage to warm up some pulled pork and toss a salad. A squeal escapes my mouth when I realize that I'll get to see Niall in person. I swear, that boy does things to me that I can't even explain. I've never blushed so much or so many times around anyone!

My mind wanders as the snow falls outside the window, it pilling higher and higher. I sit at the kitchen table watching the clock tick. Picking at my food about three hours later, I check my watch and realize it's nearly Christmas Day.

"Well, I guess that was a waste of food." I mutter angrily; I know they're busy, but how could they stand me up?

It's been, oh probably, five hours since Harry told me they would be home in ten minutes. Which means that I just spent Christmas Eve by myself, doing nothing but eating and wallowing in the ever present silence.

When I head up to bed, I leave some food out and a little note for when the boys get home. It says something along the lines of: I left food out, presents are under the tree, I'm asleep in my room.
The clock ticks quietly as I change into the pyjamas that Josh bought me last year; they're warm, comfortable, and extremely cute.

I end up falling asleep to 5 Seconds of Summer while twisting a piece of my already curly hair around my pointer finger.

-

"Bree?" A voice whispers in my ear and I bite my tongue to keep from answering; I'm asleep, I'm asleep, I chant to myself.

"Love, I'm really sorry I didn't come home last night to eat with you. Management called James at the last minute and had to have us come in." Niall mutters, his face buried in the dyed ends of my hair.

I want to shout at him, but I know he's trying his best to apologize, so I keep quiet. I shouldn't be angry, but I can't help it. Of course, blame it on Management!

"I know you're angry, and I'm really sorry. The boys tried to convince Walter to let me come home, but he refused. I didn't even need to be at that damn meeting!" He seethes, and I can just imagine his pale cheeks turning red with frustration and anger as he runs a hand through his hair, making it even more messy than it probably already is.

"Well, I'm glad you had the opportunity to apologize." I murmur, turning over and just barely opening my eyes.

"Bree!" He presses his lips to mine in a frenzy but I stop him. "What's wrong?"

"You didn't even call." I say, I don't want to be that girlfriend that overreacts, but he could've at least told me something.

"I did." He says, and I glare at him.

"Sure. Seriously Niall, I was really worried, you've never done that before." I grumble, and he bites his bottom lip.

"I'm really really sorry Bree. I've got a present to make it up to you." He reaches down beside the bed and brings up a cardboard box with holes in it.

"Is-is that what I think it is?" I whisper, sitting up with my hands over my mouth.

"If you're thinking that it's a little black animal that meows, then yes." Niall says, opening the box, and lifting the kitty up and placing it in my lap.

"What's his name?" I ask, looking at Niall as I stroke the kitten's soft fur.

"His name is whatever you want it to be." He smiles and kisses my cheek as I giggle.

"If I named him Chex, would you mind?" We laugh for a while and then he looks at me with a straight face.

"Is that his name?"

"Yes, it definitely is." I say, giggling.

We sit in silence for a while longer before Louis pokes his head in my room, "Oh, you're awake. Come and eat already!"